The Student Room Group

Dropping an A level after receiving an offer?

I have received a 3 grade offer but take 4 A level subjects. The offer doesn't specify any subjects. Would dropping an A level so i can focus on getting the highest grades i can in my other 3 subjects affect my offer in any way?
it's a massive waste. are you crazy. you spent 2years learning and you just want to drop it. ok if you are planning to get a D then ok I guess you could focus on your other ones but an B I would say is worth getting.
Reply 2
Original post by laus900
I have received a 3 grade offer but take 4 A level subjects. The offer doesn't specify any subjects. Would dropping an A level so i can focus on getting the highest grades i can in my other 3 subjects affect my offer in any way?

Don't drop any subjects without first confirming it's ok with your universities. Just because you have a 3 subject offer doesn't mean they weren't aware of your 4th subject (they are, and you have a predicted grade for it).

Dropping a subject unilaterally changes your offer conditions and can invalidate any offers.

It's reasonably likely your universities will be ok if you ask, but you must ask first.
Original post by laus900

I agree with @Doonesbury, you should confirm with the uni's first :smile:
Original post by laus900

You will get the best answer from the place that gave you the offer.
I know about people who dropped their fourth subject but they checked out with their university first.
Have you thought of taking an AS exam instead of dropping?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending