My Uni options? Watch

EdwinUK
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,

So I'm sorta looking for advice on which of these unis I should go for, I have applied and received offers from all of them.

Greenwich, Westminster, East London, Goldsmiths also Brighton but I want to live in London, not Brighton.

Greenwich was and sorta of still is my first choice but I'm seeing people say it has a bed rep? does it and are any of the other unis better for Computer Science?

Thanks for any help.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by EdwinUK)
Hi,

So I'm sorta looking for advice on which of these unis I should go for, I have applied and received offers from all of them.

Greenwich, Westminster, East London, Goldsmiths also Brighton but I want to live in London, not Brighton.

Greenwich was and sorta of still is my first choice but I'm seeing people say it has a bed rep? does it and are any of the other unis better for Computer Science?

Thanks for any help.
A "bed rep" sounds extremely interesting! 😆
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
tesconyc
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I hear goldsmith is good
euphorism
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I know someone who studies biomed at Westminster and she was saying they’re teaching is real good plus she’s fitting in well. I guess you might wanna consider Westminster. Plus it’s got a good rep compared to Greenwich and east london
EdwinUK
Rep:
?
(Original post by ageshallnot)
A "bed rep" sounds extremely interesting! 😆
Yeah I have just seen quite a few different posts about how greenwich isnt that good but I did a open day there and it seemed interesting plus I know a few people already there
EdwinUK
Rep:
?
(Original post by euphorism)
I know someone who studies biomed at Westminster and she was saying they’re teaching is real good plus she’s fitting in well. I guess you might wanna consider Westminster. Plus it’s got a good rep compared to Greenwich and east london
Thanks for the info, one of my friends recommended it he said its pretty good.
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah I have just seen quite a few different posts about how greenwich isnt that good but I did a open day there and it seemed interesting plus I know a few people already there
Read a little closer...
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,

Thanks for any help.
Hi, I would put Goldsmiths as my first choice as it's definitely the best Uni out of all your 5 choices.

For my insurance choice...Greenwich or Westminster
EdwinUK
Rep:
?
Read a little closer...
I don't understand?
EdwinUK
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
Hi, I would put Goldsmiths as my first choice as it's definitely the best Uni out of all your 5 choices.

For my insurance choice...Greenwich or Westminster
Thanks for the reply but how come you think Goldsmiths is the best uni out of them?
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks for the reply but how come you think Goldsmiths is the best uni out of them?
From working as a careers adviser for many years, I just know that it is the one with the overall best reputation.

I have just checked the Complete University Guide, which is a decent league table that you can access online. They have placed Goldsmiths 58th out of 110 Unis in the country for Computer Science. The others are lower with the University of East London being the lowest at 87th. League tables aren't everything but they do give you a bit of an idea.
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Too bad the area Goldsmiths is in is nasty.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by random_matt)
Well, maybe the OP likes the parts of London his Unis are in. Personally I would prefer Brighton.
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well, maybe the OP likes the parts of London his Unis are in. Personally I would prefer Brighton.
Never been to Brighton, even though I lived in Sussex once upon a time.
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't understand?
Oh FFS, you wrote that Greenwich "has a bed rep..." not bad, but bed! Oh well...
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Oh FFS, you wrote that Greenwich "has a bed rep..." not bad, but bed! Oh well...
Well I appreciated the joke anyway
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well I appreciated the joke anyway
I try, oh I try...!!! 😆
blacksheep8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You could use unistats to compare them. That's what I did, I found it really helpful.
EdwinUK
Rep:
?
Oh yikes, don't mind me.
EdwinUK
Rep:
?
(Original post by random_matt)
Is it really that bad?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (7)
11.67%
Yes - a food allergy (5)
8.33%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (3)
5%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (4)
6.67%
No (41)
68.33%

Watched Threads