Can anyone crack this code? Watch

Edeleine
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I need help. Can anyone crack this code ?
znzarmt xsviib yolhhln xuuw
Chioru'
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Could you give some details as to how you've encountered this code, what do you expect the answer to be, what do you know about the person who wrote it etc.? Cracking a code can be very much like cracking a password, you crack the person not the password itself. Otherwise that can be literally anything
Azeee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

It's basically all of the letters in the alphabet shifted by a certain number e.g. number 3 means A -> D i.e. 3 letters down.

What that number is a can't be bothered to figure out, good luck with that.
Chioru'
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Azeee)

It's basically all of the letters in the alphabet shifted by a certain number e.g. number 3 means A -> D i.e. 3 letters down.

not necessarily, that's why it kind of matters who wrote this code. If it's your average 10th grader for example then that would be a good assumption to make and all that's left is to try out a lot of combinations until a valid result comes up. Otherwise i don't know if it's worth the effort of doing that.
Azeee
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Chioru')
not necessarily, that's why it kind of matters who wrote this code. If it's your average 10th grader for example then that would be a good assumption to make and all that's left is to try out a lot of combinations until a valid result comes up. Otherwise i don't know if it's worth the effort of doing that.
Hint: it’s not worth it.
JaredzzC
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Azeee)
Hint: it’s not worth it.
Then why do you care enough for someone to try and help you?

Edit: mb, thought you were the OP.
Last edited by JaredzzC; 4 weeks ago
JackOxfordcsCam
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Azeee)
If thats true then just put the code into any old 'caesar cipher decoder' online and u get it
JackOxfordcsCam
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If each letter is shifted by a different number, then its a vigenere (for which this message is too short to crack) or a one time pad, which is impossible to crack (unless you send 2 messages with the same encryption).
a_stressed_mess
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
started well until the last word. I got "amazing cherry blossom cffd" following the atbash decoding
JackOxfordcsCam
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by a_stressed_mess)
started well until the last word. I got "amazing cherry blossom cffd" following the atbash decoding
nice
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Azeee)

No it isn't. None of the traditional Caesar Cipher shifts work here
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by a_stressed_mess)
Dropping it into quipqiup returns a number of similar but unlikely results including:

amazing pretty blossom puuc
amazing pretty blossom pccw
against wholly ??????g week
amazing whurry blossom week

And so on
Edeleine
Rep:
?
I’ve tried basically all types of ciphers to break it and it’s just not working also it’s not a caesar cipher. thank you to everyone who is trying to help me
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Edeleine)
I’ve tried basically all types of ciphers to break it and it’s just not working also it’s not a caesar cipher. thank you to everyone who is trying to help me
Can you tell us where the code came from? Odds are there's a clue in the context as by itself there are too many potential things to try
Edeleine
Rep:
?
Also it’s part of the second stage of cyber discovery program the challenges have been quite simple so far and I think this one is as well but I just can’t seem to figure out the code. The briefing for the challenge says that it might be a meet-up location.
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
A Google search for portions of the cipher throw up this reddit thread, where someone was trying to decrypt an almost identical string. The main difference is there's an l in the final block of characters and the w is actually vv; also the third block uses a u instead of n. Maybe check that you've copied the cipher correctly. This decrypts to a slight misspelling of amazing cherry blossom coffee. Cherry blossoms immediately make me think of Japan, and a Google search for "amazing cherry blossom coffee throw up a few results". But without some more context (the previous parts of the challenge, the exact text on the page, other artefacts that may be relevant, etc.) it's difficult to go much further.
Tootles
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Chioru')
I misread your username as Cthulhu . There ends my interest in this thread.
Last edited by Tootles; 4 weeks ago
Azeee
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i worked it out using caesar's its amazing cherry blossom booty (pretty sure the last word should be 5 letters)

good game all
Edeleine
Rep:
?
Oh thank you to a_stressed_mess and Acsel I got it
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Azeee)
i worked it out using caesar's its amazing cherry blossom booty (pretty sure the last word should be 5 letters)

good game all
As has been mentioned several times, it's not a Caesar Cipher. The "Amazing Cherry Blossom" answer is found by mapping each letter to the reverse alphabet. This is commonly called Atbash, and can be represented as an Affine Cipher where A and B both equal 25. The fact you keep bringing up Caesar shows you don't actually have the faintest idea what you're talking about
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (115)
58.67%
No (81)
41.33%

Watched Threads