Possible to go from EEE to AAA in AS Levels in just under 4 months? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I should clarify that I am not actually EEE that is just the generous pesismistic estimation I have given myself due to my unfamiliarity with some of the AS content.

I'm doing Philosophy, Politcs and Spanish. Oh and I'm also a distance learner if it matters. (I have tutor support though).
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I should clarify that I am not actually EEE that is just the generous pesismistic estimation I have given myself due to my unfamiliarity with some of the AS content.

I'm doing Philosophy, Politcs and Spanish. Oh and I'm also a distance learner if it matters. (I have tutor support though).
Possible but highly unlikely and there are many variables.
Anonymous #1
I'll do 8 hours a day so should be okay
ltsmith
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
say you're awake 16 hrs a day:

you have 4 * 30 * 16 hours which is 1920hrs.

spend 5 out of that 16 hours revising and you will have spent 600 hrs revising.

the expected amount of study time for a single AS level is 180 hours.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ltsmith)
say you're awake 16 hrs a day:

you have 4 * 30 * 16 hours which is 1920hrs.

spend 5 out of that 16 hours revising and you will have spent 600 hrs revising.

the expected amount of study time for a single AS level is 180 hours.
So if I have a solid revision plan and good discipline I should be able to do it. Cheers for the numbers.
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'll do 8 hours a day so should be okay
If that's your mentality, you won't get to AAA. You'll burn out and may well be lucky to get CCC. Top students aren't just putting in more hours than bottom students.

Theoretically, you have plenty of time. But reality isn't that simple. It's important to understand why you are getting EEE. You could put in 1000 hours, if you don't fix the problems you have right now you won't even make it to DDD. A solid revision plan by itself is not enough
ltsmith
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So if I have a solid revision plan and good discipline I should be able to do it. Cheers for the numbers.
you have to work hard and smart. 8hrs day reading the textbook won't get you far
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Acsel)
If that's your mentality, you won't get to AAA. You'll burn out and may well be lucky to get CCC. Top students aren't just putting in more hours than bottom students.

Theoretically, you have plenty of time. But reality isn't that simple. It's important to understand why you are getting EEE. You could put in 1000 hours, if you don't fix the problems you have right now you won't even make it to DDD. A solid revision plan by itself is not enough

I haven't received any official grades nor have I had any past papers marked by my tutors. I just guessed I would be at an E grade going by the amount of content I can recall from memory.
ZombieTheWolf
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you actually understand the topics but have poor exam technique then I think so. (Depending on subjects, speaking for chem, bio and physics).
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
notespad
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I went from DDD to AAB(+AA) (2As >90%). Forget asking these questions, just study!
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I haven't received any official grades nor have I had any past papers marked by my tutors. I just guessed I would be at an E grade going by the amount of content I can recall from memory.
Then you have really no idea what level you are working at and what problems you may have. Exams are not just about recalling content, you also need to be able to answer questions correctly.

Your first step should be doing actual papers and getting feedback. You need to find what level you are working at and what things need to change before you have any hope of improving.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.65%
I used to but I don't now (17)
2.41%
No, but I want to start (265)
37.59%
No, I am unable to (167)
23.69%
No, I chose not to (195)
27.66%