Is meeting up with friends different?
Do you talk to less or more people?
How much studying do you have to do?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by étudiant fatigué

Meeting up with friends different from what?
More or less people than what?

A lot of studying. It takes up the majority of your time.
There is so much studying but it's so worth it if you want to take A levels. At my sixth form the enviroment is so nice and I can get so much work done. Friends have kinda changed but thats to be expected as you grow up so try not to worry about it.
How often do u meet with friends
How often do u meet with friends

Sometimes it depends on how busy your friends are. I still meet with my secondary school friends who attend other sixth forms/colleges and I see them atleast once a month but sometimes I don’t see them for like 2-3 months,it depends really

We make more of an effort to meet when it someone’s birthday and when there are holidays ☺️
(edited 5 years ago)
Do u hang out with sixth form friends out of school?
Do u hang out with sixth form friends out of school?

Yeah. We are a group of 5. 3 of us (including myself) attend the same sixth form whereas the other 2 attend college and another sixth form. You just have to make it work somehow if friendship is a concern for you.
Reply 7
Work is more intense but more interesting. You will make friends and lose some old ones. I generally see my friends a lot as we do a lot of our work/revision together. It really does depend on what suits you.
I stayed at my school sixth form, as did most of my friends. Nothing really changed for me in terms of people tbh.
Not really. You just maybe see them less (if you use your frees wisely) or just a breaks and lunches. Depends how much you revise. You may have less of a social life.

Depends on how you are. I got more social at sixth form because everyone knows everyone and people care less about cliques.

Teachers say at least 3-5 hours per week per subject. I usually do 4 hours a day (Including frees at school) but this may increase if i'm feeling extra productive.
It's so easy, you can see everyone you want. Work is easy, you have so few deadlines, the courses are easy, the lessons are more interesting and everyone is there because they want to be. Most of all its easy though and doesn't take a lot of work.
Original post by DrawTheLine

A lot of studying. It takes up the majority of your time.

That is not true in the slightest. When I was at 6th form, admittedly a few years ago now, studying was a couple of hours a week at most, going out took priority.
Original post by SomeWelshGuy123
That is not true in the slightest. When I was at 6th form, admittedly a few years ago now, studying was a couple of hours a week at most, going out took priority.

I think you mean it wasn't true in the slightest for you.
Original post by DrawTheLine
I think you mean it wasn't true in the slightest for you.

No it's not true in the slightest for anyone who remotely has a life. Was recommended to spend 2-3 hours per subject.
Original post by SomeWelshGuy123
No it's not true in the slightest for anyone who remotely has a life. Was recommended to spend 2-3 hours per subject.

I guess my sixth form was just different to yours then.

2-3hours in what time scale?

1. All my friends from high school went to the same college but I went to a completely different one and I dont really speak to them now apart from 2/3. I'm still quite close with the ones I do speak to. I have made new friends here and honestly Im so much happier with my new friends.
2. For me, I have my group of friends who I talk to all the time and then my friends in lesson who I dont really talk to outside of lesson.
3. Be prepared to study. A lot. And revise for every little test you have, it'll help you so much!
At A-level you get to choose the 3 subjects you're particularly interested in and study them in greater detail compared to studying a wide range of subjects in less detail at GCSE. With regards to friends you make new friends and loose some old ones. I found hanging out with my friends as a great way to relax from studying - particulary in year 13. The bottom line is work hard and dedicate yourself because your future self will thank you for it! But also experience all the great social things that happen with your friends e.g. learning to drive, turning 18, independance.

I stayed in my same school for sixth form so meeting up with friends didnt change too much. You obviously do more studying since a levels are much harder, but you also get free periods which are useful (if used wisely)
How often do u meet friends out of school
I go to a really small sixth form (there is about 20 of us in the year), and I enjoy the small community spirit.

I stayed at the school I went for GCSEs which was both a blessing and a curse as I was not able to study the subjects I ideally wanted to (its a pretty mediocre state school with limited teachers etc.) But it is very nice as everyone knows each other well and we have a good relationship as a group!

Study levels vary- in my friendship group we all sit together and work very well, although in the others there is a lot of messing around (which has increased more recently as most have got unconditional offers from nearby unis). The sixth form staff are lovely although not particularly strict hence why there is a lack of a good work ethic but altogether it really is a nice experience.

When I applied to other sixth forms, it was quite surprising to see how large they were and the range of subjects that people have the option to take but it felt a little too disconnected with no community spirit.

Quick Reply

Latest