The Student Room Group

Jealous.

Really don’t know what to do about this, my entire friend group are all in couples, they’re pretty much all dating each other. And sure, I am dating someone, but it’s long distance, I get to see him 1-2 times a month and that’s about it. In school I always have to see the other couples in my friend group being close and I just get so jealous, that I’m finding it hard to stay close with this group?? Instead of spending my frees with them, I’ll leave them and call my boyfriend. I just find it so unfair, I want to be able to do those things with my boyfriend and it makes me sad af that I can’t and have to wait so long to even see him, while they get to see each other practically all day, everyday. But I don’t want to stop being close with my friend group because of it. How do I stop being so jealous of them?? : ( : (
Edit: Now that I think about it, I’d say the word is envious, not jealous.
(edited 5 years ago)
Okay first of all: Being jealous or envious is a completely normal feeling. Just thought I should put that out there because so many people will act like it's a bad thing.
Anyway, does this friend group consist of boys and girls who are all dating each other or all girls or all boys? Or are they dating people outside the group?
Original post by SoftGingerCat
Okay first of all: Being jealous or envious is a completely normal feeling. Just thought I should put that out there because so many people will act like it's a bad thing.
Anyway, does this friend group consist of boys and girls who are all dating each other or all girls or all boys? Or are they dating people outside the group?

Both boys and girls. There’s only one couple where their boyfriend isn’t in the group and that’s because they’re in the year below and not in 6th form, still in secondary. But they still get to see each other everyday at school. She goes to his house early and spend time together in the morning and get to school together as well. There are also only a few people who aren’t dating in my friend group. Everyone else is dating people within the group. Bear in mind this group is quite the big one, there’s like 20 odd people in it. At least half of them are dating. Hhhhhhhhhhh, I hate being jealous of them.
Hhhhhhhhhhh.
Original post by ModeratelyStupid
Both boys and girls. There’s only one couple where their boyfriend isn’t in the group and that’s because they’re in the year below and not in 6th form, still in secondary. But they still get to see each other everyday at school. She goes to his house early and spend time together in the morning and get to school together as well. There are also only a few people who aren’t dating in my friend group. Everyone else is dating people within the group. Bear in mind this group is quite the big one, there’s like 20 odd people in it. At least half of them are dating. Hhhhhhhhhhh, I hate being jealous of them.

Yeah this sounds like quite a problem. The only way I could see you getting around this is by accepting that although you don't get to see your boyfriend very much, you still have a boyfriend and can join in with relationship conversations. Maybe you should encourage the girls to talk about their experiences with their boyfriends (funny stories, arguements, etc) or plan a massive group date including you and your boyfriend.
Original post by SoftGingerCat
Yeah this sounds like quite a problem. The only way I could see you getting around this is by accepting that although you don't get to see your boyfriend very much, you still have a boyfriend and can join in with relationship conversations. Maybe you should encourage the girls to talk about their experiences with their boyfriends (funny stories, arguements, etc) or plan a massive group date including you and your boyfriend.

I would, but it legit makes me more jealous and when I do see him, I want to keep him to myself and spend as much time as possible with him, just me and him. Maybe sometime in the future, but idk. Ahhhhhhhhhh, guess there really is nothing I can do. W e l p.
I would, but it legit makes me more jealous and when I do see him, I want to keep him to myself and spend as much time as possible with him, just me and him. Maybe sometime in the future, but idk. Ahhhhhhhhhh, guess there really is nothing I can do. W e l p.

Just see how time goes, it will probably get better in the future.
Think about how awkward it would be within the friendship group if any of the couples split up. At least if you and your boyfriend broke up you wouldn't have to see him every day at school.
Original post by bones-mccoy
Think about how awkward it would be within the friendship group if any of the couples split up. At least if you and your boyfriend broke up you wouldn't have to see him every day at school.

Ugh, the couple drama is v irritating in this group. Just gets hella awkward between everyone. But not being able to see my boyfriend is not a plus. Hhhhhhhhhh. Idk, can’t see myself breaking up with him unless it was to do with my family and safety. W e l p. So even if we did go to the same school and broke up, it would be for that reason, or at least I think it would. And would not be awkward.
Ugh, the couple drama is v irritating in this group. Just gets hella awkward between everyone. But not being able to see my boyfriend is not a plus. Hhhhhhhhhh. Idk, can’t see myself breaking up with him unless it was to do with my family and safety. W e l p. So even if we did go to the same school and broke up, it would be for that reason, or at least I think it would. And would not be awkward.

No what I'm saying is it's much easier to move on from someone when you don't see them every day and have the same friendship group. That's a plus.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending