The Student Room Group

my parents are getting divorced, I don't know how to feel

i feel like killing myself, nothing works out in my life anymore
Reply 1
Don’t think like that!! My parents are divorced aswell and yes sometimes it can be hard but think about the positives, two christmases, two birthdays, two bedrooms and it’s a way of creating personal memories with your parent. My dad remarried and now I have a another family who I adore. Personally for me nothing is going right either but I know I’ve had bad times before and so I know I will get through it. Try planning ahead (it might be weird ik) I like looking at houses for sale in the area I want to go to next or look on Pinterest for wedding inspiration or future homes and no I’m single but yes it’s a way to look forward to the future. I hope you feel good again because you do matter!! Xx
Reply 2
Original post by Millwinn
Don’t think like that!! My parents are divorced aswell and yes sometimes it can be hard but think about the positives, two christmases, two birthdays, two bedrooms and it’s a way of creating personal memories with your parent. My dad remarried and now I have a another family who I adore. Personally for me nothing is going right either but I know I’ve had bad times before and so I know I will get through it. Try planning ahead (it might be weird ik) I like looking at houses for sale in the area I want to go to next or look on Pinterest for wedding inspiration or future homes and no I’m single but yes it’s a way to look forward to the future. I hope you feel good again because you do matter!! Xx

Thank you so much, it makes me feel better. I hope everything gets better for you. Take care ❤️
Original post by Anonymous

Not your fault ?

Better they divorce if they are unhappy than be bitter and argue.

Happens to hundreds of thousands of kids.

Dont beat yourself up.
Dont take sides unless one side has done something really bad like violence.
Talk to people if you need to.
Keep up your studies. It is unfair if you let it affect you and your future.
There is light at the end of the tunnel.
You have your whole life in front of you.

0. Childline 0800 1111 1.
Samaritans 116 123
2. https://kooth.com/ Online counselling
3. The Mix. 0808 808 4994. Sunday to Friday from 2pm to 11pm. webchat Sunday to Friday from 2pm to 11pm, and Saturday from 8pm to 11pm.
3/4 divorce in this country I believe, sad as it maybe you should not be surprised.

Hey! Im so sorry to hear this! I went through the same thing when i was very young but you do get over these things and everything works out in the end. Do you have anyone you can speak to about this? ANy friends or brothers and sisters?
Sophia
Reply 6
Original post by hallamstudents
Hey! Im so sorry to hear this! I went through the same thing when i was very young but you do get over these things and everything works out in the end. Do you have anyone you can speak to about this? ANy friends or brothers and sisters?
Sophia

yeah it's alright.. thanks, I have a brother

My parents divorced almost 16 years ago, and just because their marriage is over doesn't mean your life is over. Yes things will be different but that doesn't mean they have to be bad. You just have to learn to adapt. It's much better to have happily divorced parents than miserable married parents.

Quick Reply