AJENKINS94
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Which 2 papers out of F6 - Tax, F7 - Financial reporting, F8 - Audit and F9 - financial management would be best to self study? My employer will only pay for 2 exams per year and I want to do 4 so planning to self study for 2.
Advertisement
sharron927
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I found F6 and F8 easier than F7 and F9. Not sure if this helps. F7 and F9 have lots of difficult calculations to learn whereas F6 and F8 is lots of theory and writing. Good luck!
Elwak
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It will depend with your experience, background and the time you have to prepare. Whereas, Sharron927 found F8 easier than F9; my experience was opposite - I found F9 much easier than F8. In fact F8 has the lowest pass rates among the Foundation level papers - 38% pass rate for the December 2018 sitting. This is because it is mainly a technical paper. F6 has a higher pass rate at 51% but it can take you a while to prepare on your own. The tax code is dotted with some nuggets that are exemptions to the general rules which you need to be comfortable with.

My advice is that, you could chose any papers you wish to pursue provided you will dedicate enough time to prepare for them. You also have to weigh on the effect of taking on extra papers would have on the performance of the 2 papers paid by the employer. The worst case scenario would be to spread yourself too thin resulting in marginal fails for all papers. Also, if you are planning to pursue the Oxford Brookes University degree, you ought to be mindful of the percentage score you will achieve for those papers, as the average score will be used to determine the class of your degree. Hope this helps.
Last edited by Elwak; 1 year ago
Advertisement
GeorgeB169
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey everyone,

My uni is part of the ACCA accelerate and I'm thinking of starting it as I get 6 exemptions. My last exam is the end of march and then I'll be "free" (well, working during the week normal hours 9:30-6) - I thought I'd start it straight away as I'm still in the habit of studying etc.
I looked into the exam sittings - they usually happen over a week. How many exams would you think would be manageable in one go? Is doing 3 in a week too ambitious?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (45)
17.18%
No one else does (82)
31.3%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.69%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (89)
33.97%
We don't use a video platform (5)
1.91%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.67%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.29%

Watched Threads