joebloggs1787
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i did Duke of Edinburgh bronze and completed expedition and all the volunteering however i never completed all the log book so never got the award can i still put it on my cv and stretch the truth?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by joebloggs1787)
i did Duke of Edinburgh bronze and completed expedition and all the volunteering however i never completed all the log book so never got the award can i still put it on my cv and stretch the truth?
Lots of people exaggerate their achievements on their CV so let your conscience decide...
Last edited by harrysbar; 1 year ago
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by joebloggs1787)
The award isn't the thing employers are looking for. They are looking to see evidence of relevant skills you can demonstrate through the activity eg leadership, teamwork, responsibility etc. There's no need to lie.
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why not just talk about the volunteering that you did? You don't have to have got an award to make something worthwhile and interesting to employers. Talk about the skills you gained and the things you learned while volunteering.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (41)
31.78%
No - I have already returned home (16)
12.4%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (27)
20.93%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (11)
8.53%
No - I live at home during term anyway (34)
26.36%

Watched Threads