University of Birmingham medicine offer holders 2019 Watch

rxmbi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Also does Birmingham hold an offer holder's day for medicine offer holders? This is what I saw on the website 'Please be aware that some subjects do not hold offer-holder visit days as they conduct interviews instead'
JoannaF
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by rxmbi)
Hey I've got an offer from Birmingham too and I was just wondering what about it appeals to you lots?
- the course, it’s quite traditional but you still get early ish clinical exposure
- it’s only 10% PBL
- the hospital is right next door to the medical school (however I know all the placements won’t be at the QE)
- the medical building is lovely
- good accommodation
- beautiful campus
- the placements later on are in the West Midlands and are not too scattered unlike other medical schools.
- uni has its own train station
- love bham as a city, lots to see and do (2nd largest in the uk)
- biggest med society
I could go on... bham is amazing in my opinion and I’m so happy to be studying there next year (if all goes to plan) 😬
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
JoannaF
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by rxmbi)
Also does Birmingham hold an offer holder's day for medicine offer holders? This is what I saw on the website 'Please be aware that some subjects do not hold offer-holder visit days as they conduct interviews instead'
I’m not sure but I don’t think they do because we have already been to/ seen the uni due to having interviews.
JoannaF
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
When do people think bham will update track? I know they said up to 3 wks
Khushi.S
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JoannaF)
When do people think bham will update track? I know they said up to 3 wks
Probably some time next week... if we’re lucky, it could be this week
catlover06
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Mine’s updated
catlover06
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Updated at 11:16
catlover06
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by unsomberal)
Mine updated at 11.
Oh yeah same. I can’t read apparently
Khushi.S
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Mine still hasn’t updated....
Khushi.S
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by catlover06)
Mine’s updated
What is the offer?? And did you get information about your rankings? I talked to a current Bham student and apparently they do that
Simbasoul
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Khushi.S)
Mine still hasn’t updated....
Lots of people's track hasn't updated yet. The fact that Birmingham said it might take 3 weeks is because they know it will take their central admissions team time to inform UCAS.
Khushi.S
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Simbasoul)
Lots of people's track hasn't updated yet. The fact that Birmingham said it might take 3 weeks is because they know it will take their central admissions team time to inform UCAS.
Yeah, I’m a bit confused as to why some people got it and some haven’t
catlover06
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Khushi.S)
What is the offer?? And did you get information about your rankings? I talked to a current Bham student and apparently they do that
A*AA in any order and nah, it doesn’t say your ranking
JoannaF
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ugh mine still hasn’t updated!!
wealia
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Mine hasn’t updated either. I wondered if they might be going through the normal applicants first and then the contextual?
JoannaF
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by wealia)
Mine hasn’t updated either. I wondered if they might be going through the normal applicants first and then the contextual?
I’m a normal applicant and my track hasn’t been updated
wealia
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JoannaF)
I’m a normal applicant and my track hasn’t been updated
Never mind then. I guess I presumed that they’d send all the offers out in one go like they did with the emails before, but it’s totally understandable that they need a while to send them all out.
jjose365
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
So I had applied for medicine in Birmingham and I just got an email saying I've been unsuccessful. They've given me the option for mpharm, but I don't know if I want to do it, I'd rather do biomed or literally anything else. Does anyone know if I have to do interviews for pharmacy?

Btw my UCAS track hasn't updated either so it must just be slow
Last edited by jjose365; 3 weeks ago
rxmbi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jjose365)
So I had applied for medicine in Birmingham and I just got an email saying I've been unsuccessful. They've given me the option for mpharm, but I don't know if I want to do it, I'd rather do biomed or literally anything else. Does anyone know if I have to do interviews for pharmacy?

Btw my UCAS track hasn't updated either so it must just be slow
Ah sorry to hear this, I don't think Birmingham conduct interviews for pharmacy. I have a friend who received an offer for mpharm with no interview. Where else have you applied? Good luck with your other choices
Simbasoul
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jr0343)
Hi all, I've applied to B'ham medicine A101 (Graduate level for MaxFax 3 years). I've got an interview in March, think everything happens a bit later on the post-grad course. I'm currently prepping for my interview and doing some reading however there doesn't seem to be many forums etc for grad entry./, especially the 3 year MaxFac course.

Was just wondering what advice you guys can give with regards to prepping for the interview. How did you all find it? Anything in particular you'd recommend reading/preparing ahead of time for the MMI's?

Thanks for the help
Jess
It is completely against Birmigham University's confidentiality agreement to give interview information - and could result in a student having any offer rescinded (as well as TSR's). Have a look at the Birmingham website which goves actually a lot of public information about the MMI stations.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (56)
8.18%
I used to but I don't now (17)
2.48%
No, but I want to start (257)
37.52%
No, I am unable to (162)
23.65%
No, I chose not to (193)
28.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise