University of Birmingham medicine offer holders 2019 Watch

Pharmacology
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Does this mean Birmingham are holding a second round of A101 interviews in March, or is this an entirely separate round for MaxFax applicants? I'm not patient enough to wait until March to know if I have an offer :P
username2268933
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Apologies, I have had a look online at the website and you're right it has a great deal of useful of information. Thank you for highlighting that to me. I didn't mean to get anyone into trouble or to encourage anyone to disclose confidential information. I was simply hoping for general advice if anyone had for example read any good online resources on interview techniques, current affairs, or if anyone had read any particulalry useful books in the build up to their medical interviews.

I'll not post any more on that matter however to prevent any further confusion or concern. Thanks again for your help.
Meghassall
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by username2268933)
Apologies, I have had a look online at the website and you're right it has a great deal of useful of information. Thank you for highlighting that to me. I didn't mean to get anyone into trouble or to encourage anyone to disclose confidential information. I was simply hoping for general advice if anyone had for example read any good online resources on interview techniques, current affairs, or if anyone had read any particulalry useful books in the build up to their medical interviews.

I'll not post any more on that matter however to prevent any further confusion or concern. Thanks again for your help.
Have you looked on the Medportal? I found it extremely useful for prepping for interviews!
It has lots of top tips and advice (what not to do etc) and soooo many example questions and answers!
I had no idea how to start prepping for interviews so was so glad when I found this!
Hope that helps
JoannaF
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Has anyone had their track updated today?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
rxmbi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JoannaF)
Has anyone had their track updated today?
Mine hasn't updated yet either, won't worry about it until the 3 weeks is up
mnnbv
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by rxmbi)
nor has mine
mnnbv
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by unsomberal)
are you all going to firm birmingham?
idk
im gonna decide after kings offer holder day
JoannaF
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by rxmbi)
So scared the congratulations email was a mistake!
Academic_Medic
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes! They provided me with an alternative offer "Contextualised to AAA" due to attending an indaequately rated state school for my GCSEs, yet performing beyond the circumstance.
ShikaMekiFuka
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I hope I get an offer . My interview is this Friday yey
JoannaF
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Academic_Medic)
Yes! They provided me with an alternative offer "Contextualised to AAA" due to attending an indaequately rated state school for my GCSEs, yet performing beyond the circumstance.
Congrats!! When did it come through?
Academic_Medic
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Congrats!! When did it come through?
6:34pm and 7:00pm
Khushi.S
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
So scared the congratulations email was a mistake!
Literally same! I am SO worried that they mixed up my first name or surname with someone else's and seeing other people's track update isn't helping...
mnnbv
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Khushi.S)
Literally same! I am SO worried that they mixed up my first name or surname with someone else's and seeing other people's track update isn't helping...
i assure you thet havent
i doubt they use names to send the emails- the email was addressed to 'dear applicant' or something
they probs did it by applicant number that was linked to the correct email or something (as 2 people may have the same names)
congrats on the offer
Khushi.S
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by mnnbv)
i assure you thet havent
i doubt they use names to send the emails- the email was addressed to 'dear applicant' or something
they probs did it by applicant number that was linked to the correct email or something (as 2 people may have the same names)
congrats on the offer
Thanks Do you know when we can start applying for accommodation?
mnnbv
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Khushi.S)
Thanks Do you know when we can start applying for accommodation?
no, maybe its on their website?
i dont remember actually finding out on the open day! oops
i just remember looking at 'the vale' and thinking it was sick
Khushi.S
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by unsomberal)
guys, is it true that they send us our interview scores & ranking?
They did last year... hopefully they do this year too! I think track will update but obviously that will just say what the grade requirements are and then I think the uni also send an email (thats what it said in the offer email) about the offer so hopefully, all the interview info is on that (if it actually is true)
charliewoodward
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Haha Im so bad at checking emails just had a look and found out I'd received an offer from Birmingham last Wednesday 😂 I've also got an offer from King's and have had interviews at Bristol and Cardiff.
Really not sure where I'll firm, leaning towards King's at the moment but if anyone has any advice as to which to choose then please help!! Congratulations to everyone else who've received offers!
Simbasoul
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Academic_Medic)
So, I know you apologised for your bad attitude and bad mouthing other candidates....but have you now further rethought your negative attitude to the "disadvantaged card" that upset you so much about Brampton Manor/Oxford Uni? When it happens to someone else it's not OK but when it happens to you it is...?!

This is why you upset so many people....so hopefully you fully understand now. Congratulations on your offer - Birmingham is now a good insurance for your UCL offer.
taytayshaki
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I thoroughly agree with you Simbasoul.

Some people are quick to judge others when they think they have not received what they are entitled to, due to being “better qualified” than them. However when “the shoe is on the other foot,” they accept the same “unjust so called rewards,” of playing the “sympathy” card as if it was some sort of an achievement!
Hopefully, all this has been a lesson and some good will come out of it for them. Treating others as you would be expected to be treated in return, especially with respect, is just one of them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (56)
8.16%
I used to but I don't now (17)
2.48%
No, but I want to start (257)
37.46%
No, I am unable to (163)
23.76%
No, I chose not to (193)
28.13%