University of Birmingham medicine offer holders 2019 Watch

JoannaF
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Are there many people who haven’t had their track updated yet who are non contextual?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Simbasoul
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JoannaF)
Are there many people who haven’t had their track updated yet who are non contextual?
Don't worry - son in this position - and we know of others - and it was similar last year. If it hasn't updated 3 weeks after date on email - call Admissions then.
imran234
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jjose365)
So I had applied for medicine in Birmingham and I just got an email saying I've been unsuccessful. They've given me the option for mpharm, but I don't know if I want to do it, I'd rather do biomed or literally anything else. Does anyone know if I have to do interviews for pharmacy?

Btw my UCAS track hasn't updated either so it must just be slow
Hey i also got this, i decided to take up the pharmacy option, does this mean I receive an offer for pharmacy, my track hasn't updated with anything yet. They invited me to an offer holder's day so I would assume so?
Hayiqat
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey, so my track hasn't updated yet and i was wondering, do they give interview feedback with the official offer email? i wanted to see how i did in the individual stations
JoannaF
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Simbasoul)
Don't worry - son in this position - and we know of others - and it was similar last year. If it hasn't updated 3 weeks after date on email - call Admissions then.
Thank you!
Simbasoul
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Just to say that son’s Track updated today with his non contextual offer so hopefully yours has come through too?
JoannaF
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Simbasoul)
Just to say that son’s Track updated today with his non contextual offer so hopefully yours has come through too?
That’s good, do you mind me asking whether it was the standard A*AA? And no mine still hasn’t updated! Getting slightly worried... did many other people’s track update today?
Simbasoul
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
That’s good, do you mind me asking whether it was the standard A*AA? And no mine still hasn’t updated! Getting slightly worried... did many other people’s track update today?
Yes, standard offer as expected - don’t worry, yours will update soon, I am sure!
Erl28
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Don’t worry, I received an offer on 17th Jan and my track still hasn’t updated
erinls2
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
To those asking about interview feedback, yes you will receive your individual station rankings - when I applied I had to specifically ask for them but as far as I know you now get sent them as a matter of course anyway
catlover06
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by erinls2)
To those asking about interview feedback, yes you will receive your individual station rankings - when I applied I had to specifically ask for them but as far as I know you now get sent them as a matter of course anyway
What do you mean by rankings?
rxmbi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by erinls2)
How long after your track updating did you receive the rankings? Do they come in a separate email after the email that tells you that you have an offer from Austen Spruce? Thanks
Academic_Medic
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello guys!
So I received a UCAS update on Wednesday 23rd January, this was 6 days after Dr. Austen Spruce sent the offer congratulations email. Maybe, perhaps my surname is alphabetically early, or possibly because my offer was contextualized?
Khushi.S
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Has anyone else’s track not updated yet? ( I am on the contextual schools list)
It’s really making me think that they made a mistake on my application!
Last edited by Khushi.S; 2 weeks ago
JoannaF
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Khushi.S)
Has anyone else’s track not updated yet? ( I am on the contextual schools list)
It’s really making me think that they made a mistake on my application!
Mine still hasn’t updated (I’m non contextual).
JamillaPS
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My track still hasn't updated, I really want to know what my offer will be because I'm on the contextual schools list but also do 4 A-levels so I have no idea what they'll do about that. Is anyone else in the same situation?
Khushi.S
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by JamillaPS)
My track still hasn't updated, I really want to know what my offer will be because I'm on the contextual schools list but also do 4 A-levels so I have no idea what they'll do about that. Is anyone else in the same situation?
Meeee
JamillaPS
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Khushi.S)
Meeee
Ah cool! I think the typical 4 A-level offer is AAAB so I'm thinking we could get AABB? Although that seems pretty low for medicine tbh so it'll probably just be AAAB
Simbasoul
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ah cool! I think the typical 4 A-level offer is AAAB so I'm thinking we could get AABB? Although that seems pretty low for medicine tbh so it'll probably just be AAAB
Do you A levels include Maths and Further Maths? If it is, they effectively ignore FM and don't count it as a fourth (so a non contextual would be A*AA and a contextual with Further Maths would be AAA) In the contextual offer part of their website they just talk about 3 As being the offer so I expect it would be AAAB for contextual 4 A levels.
erinls2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Your offer should be AAAB
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (56)
8.32%
I used to but I don't now (17)
2.53%
No, but I want to start (254)
37.74%
No, I am unable to (157)
23.33%
No, I chose not to (189)
28.08%