University of Birmingham medicine offer holders 2019 Watch

Khushi.S
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Okay my track just updated and it said that I can either get A*AA or AAAB? What does it mean?
aliciameyers12
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
that you can get either A*AA or AAAB in your alevels to get in ..... lol

(Original post by Khushi.S)
Okay my track just updated and it said that I can either get A*AA or AAAB? What does it mean?
Simbasoul
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Exactly what it says!
ellen.pryke
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mnnbv)
track just updated
Mine has updated too 😊
Khushi.S
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Simbasoul)
Exactly what it says!
That's weird, hadn't expected to get an alternative offer! I thought it'd just be either AAAB or an A*AA
Khushi.S
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aliciameyers12)
that you can get either A*AA or AAAB in your alevels to get in ..... lol
Thanks
Simbasoul
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That's weird, hadn't expected to get an alternative offer! I thought it'd just be either AAAB or an A*AA
I thought you were at a contextual school - perhaps that is why there was a delay as you have effectively been given their standard offer but both variations (ie you have got either the standard 3 A level offer or the standard 4 A level offer but not a lower offer!)
Khushi.S
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I thought you were at a contextual school - perhaps that is why there was a delay as you have effectively been given their standard offer but both variations (ie you have got either the standard 3 A level offer or the standard 4 A level offer but not a lower offer!)
Yeah I am from a contextual school... I thought the standard was AAA (but my friend who also got an offer said that only applied if she firmed). Maybe it's because I do 4 and am from a contextual school that I was given the variation. Who knows, it's quite nice to have the variation though so I'm not complaining
Simbasoul
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I am from a contextual school... I thought the standard was AAA (but my friend who also got an offer said that only applied if she firmed). Maybe it's because I do 4 and am from a contextual school that I was given the variation. Who knows, it's quite nice to have the variation though so I'm not complaining
Yes, they said at open day that their standard offer is A*AA and their contextual offer is AAA. I am pretty sure Birmingham don’t do the “if you firm us we reduce your offer” but, as you say, having a bit of wiggle room with the 3 vs 4 A level offers, as you have is brilliant! Well done!
Khushi.S
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, they said at open day that their standard offer is A*AA and their contextual offer is AAA. I am pretty sure Birmingham don’t do the “if you firm us we reduce your offer” but, as you say, having a bit of wiggle room with the 3 vs 4 A level offers, as you have is brilliant! Well done!
I don't know then... maybe I misinterpreted what she said
mnnbv
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
when i spoke to the admission tutor on the open day he said that in previous years they had been able to accept all that had bham as firm but had missed the grades and got AAA... he did say that he couldnt confirm if it would be possible this year tho as obvs it is dependent on the cohort
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
2wswarner
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi guys, really don’t know which to pick between Birmingham and Bristol. My offer from Bristol is lower and I really loved both medical schools, if anyone else is in a similar situ would be great to get some advice !!
catlover06
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
B
(Original post by 2wswarner)
Hi guys, really don’t know which to pick between Birmingham and Bristol. My offer from Bristol is lower and I really loved both medical schools, if anyone else is in a similar situ would be great to get some advice !!
Bham as firm, Bristol as insurance? I went to see Bristol and I didn’t like how it was such a city university whilst bham is very campus, but really I’d just go with the one you can see yourself enjoying living in for the next five years
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Pharmacology
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
2wswarner I agree with the above post; it wouldn’t make logical sense to put your higher offer as insurance. I expect you’ll like wherever you end up, so in your situation I’d firm Brum and insure Bristol purely to have a safe backup 😊
Hayiqat
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I think firm the one you prefer and don't worry about the grades because at the end of the day, that's where you'd be spending 5 years and also, rarely anyone who applies to med goes to their insurance. It's usually firm or nothing
erinls2
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'd agree with Hayiqat, Birmingham and Bristol were my top choices when I applied a few years ago, fortunately I didn't get an offer from Bristol so I didn't actually have to make the decision, BUT if I did, at the time I preferred Bristol so I would have put bristol first because once you've firmed, if you get the grades then that is where you're going to go, so I always think you should put the one you want to go to most in the firm choice. So glad I firmed Birmingham in the end, I'm having such a good time here!
EmyrMontenegro
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My guys, is there an offer holders chat
Hayiqat
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Someone should make a whatsapp chat for offer holders who are hoping to firm!
Simbasoul
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Hayiqat)
Someone should make a whatsapp chat for offer holders who are hoping to firm!
Just a reminder that external social media links are not allowed on TSR for the safety of everyone.
bubbles135
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi guys, I was just wondering if the A* for the standard offer can be in any subject or does it have to be in chem or bio?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (146)
18.55%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (78)
9.91%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (133)
16.9%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (113)
14.36%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (77)
9.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (240)
30.5%

Watched Threads