Different unis to boyfriend Watch

Miaatkinson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My boyfriend is going to university this year in September and I’m going the year after. I’m worried because 1) where he is looking is very far away and 2) I’m not looking at the same unis. I’ve looked at train tickets and they’re really expensive and not really something I would be able to pay even every odd weekend or a public holiday. We already go to different colleges and sometimes that can be difficult to see each other, though we do still work really well. I don’t really know why I’m writing this on here I guess I just need to let it out a little... regardless of that does anyone have any suggestions or anything😂?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Simbasoul
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anything could happen between then and now - try not to worry about it - if you are tight, you will work around it.
hello_shawn
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you can still get in touch through a medium like whatsapp? plus you can book tickets in advance to see him (or go by coach...)
Daigan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't worry. He's only going to bang unimportant chicks until you come to visit him
Miaatkinson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
😂😂 Daigan thanks for that one. Nah we’ve been together for 2 years and he’s like my best friend, it’s just kinda sad 😂
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Daigan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Miaatkinson)
😂😂 Daigan thanks for that one. Nah we’ve been together for 2 years and he’s like my best friend, it’s just kinda sad 😂
I get it. But only you guys can know if this will work. Some long distance relationships work. Others don't. Just try your best and be aware of the possibility that the distance may be too much.
04MR17
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Long distance is tough but do-able.

Video calls become your best friend, and the unis you're looking at now might not be the ones you end up in.

Here's this too:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/lif...ationship-work
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.53%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.83%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (136)
16.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.18%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.72%

Watched Threads