laptops for college Watch

hannahhrance
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
so i’m going to college (uk college - so 16-18) this year and i’m searching for a suitable laptop that has enough storage, is fast enough etc. i’m taking film, geography, and maths, and the college i’m hopefully going to uses macs for film/media courses, so i’m leaning towards getting a mac myself. but i don’t know whether to get the original, an air, or a pro, and how much storage to get. anyone got any tips?? thanks.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
We're going to need to know your budget to make any real suggestions. Macs are expensive and get you poorer hardware than their Windows counterparts. Unless you've got money to splash on one, you're better off just using your college machines. Even if you have the money, it's tough to recommend them as good value and every model available today has its own problems.
pericardium
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I too wanted a laptop for when I went to college, and it has made my study periods much, much easier in terms of not scrambling to find a vacant computer (though these days its more of a case of scrambling to find a vacant desk ). I managed to get a cheap (albeit used) notebook for £150 from a local computer store - it has an SSD so has super quick boot times, a pretty standard (though fast for browsing, word processing, video viewing and the occasional GTAA gaming) processor, and is a good size for carrying with me. Note that I have a desktop at home though, so I didn't need anything flashy for doing anything other than browsing particularly - that's why I opted for a lower range laptop.
jameswhughes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hannahhrance)
so i’m going to college (uk college - so 16-18) this year and i’m searching for a suitable laptop that has enough storage, is fast enough etc. i’m taking film, geography, and maths, and the college i’m hopefully going to uses macs for film/media courses, so i’m leaning towards getting a mac myself. but i don’t know whether to get the original, an air, or a pro, and how much storage to get. anyone got any tips?? thanks.
Every MacBook will be more than capable of getting you through college and several years afterwards. The Pro is probably the best value these days given that they're all expensive and have negligible weight/portability differences.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (44)
12.29%
Yes - a food allergy (39)
10.89%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (11)
3.07%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.51%
No (255)
71.23%

Watched Threads