The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ok GSS

i analyse these things TO DEATH so im an expert. please strongly consider my advice.

Girl A is a playa, she does these things to your other mate. i get the feeling she is after you, but also, anyone else. i dont think you can love her ever cos she'll mess you around/cheat on you, she's just out for looking for a boyfriend.

Girl B however seems to genuinely definately fancy you. not only by the way she acts, but the things she says too.

i say go for girl B.

being Sikh i can see there's problems if she's a diff religion. however im guessing you live away at uni, so only tell your mom when you really know this girl and are serious about her.
Reply 21
GSS
OP
being Sikh i can see there's problems if she's a diff religion. however im guessing you live away at uni, so only tell your mom when you really know this girl and are serious about her.

My universtiy campus is literally down the road. I can walk a few roads onto a main, long road, then it's just a long bus trip down that main road straight outside my university campus. Therefore I'm living at home as it saves the cost and I don't see the point moving away when I'm stil close to home/parents.

I did think that if I lived away or if we both lived away then we could maybe make this work but I'm cynical and sceptical.
Reply 22
She said in a lecture she got a txt from that mate mentioning me (all my friends think I'm on her due to all the txt's we send and recieve) and I asked her to forward it to me if it mentioned me but she said she got no txt from him.

okay.... i dnt understand y she would say that??? hmmmm...... i think she likes u but then the whole "she got pissd off cos my m8 showd lack of interest" doesnt really make sense!!!

i think u shud totally 4get about girl A cos she is taken!! think she's just being friendly!!

y dont u just ask girl B straight forward what she thinks of u.... or y dnt u just ask her out n that way ul get ur answer!!!

maryam :smile:
GSS
First of all, I don't have the best appearance nor do I have many muscles, well I've got a few.

Anyway I live in the UK and I've started university. I've met and made many friends, both boys and girls, and I've kept my old friends as well of course. Anyway, me and my mates met another circle of girl mates.

2 of them are best mates, and I've been getting signals that they are after me.

Girl A:

Is my own religion (I'm pretty sure my family care about this issue), she's taken, has gone on holidays to two weeks, she kind of talks differently to me, we talk on MSN (well we did once where she came on just for me she said), we talked about things she doesn't talk about in uni, I've got her number etc, she knows I'm reliable so she has got me to get her the notes from lectures which we agreed to.

She's been giving out signs like looking at me from one end of the lecture theatre, where we both smiled, nodded, and I gave her full eye contact till she looked away - keep in mind I was almost on the other side!, shes friendly to me, she flicks her hair in front of me, plays with her jewellery, made up nicknames for me based on my positive traits, asks to work with me in group projects. Perhaps most significant is that she puts her arm around my waist, holds my hand, or puts her arm round mine like couples do!! She also does this with my best male mate who is taken.

Girl B:

Is girl a's close mate, not my religion (probably an issue for mine and her families), free, we text and email loads where she always asks me what I'm up to, and has a very personal yet cool nickname for me, apologises if she wakes me up because she texts at late times, she also fiddles with her jewellery, flicks her hair, has her legs crossed and hand on her lap, asks to work with me on group projects, we share notes, she asked if I had a girlfriend, laughs at my jokes and laughs when I laugh. She also punches me as a joke, when I was playing with my mobile phone asked me if I'm texting my girlfriend. Maybe she was trying to discretely drop a big question she needs answer to before any relationship into the conversation? I told her I haven't got a girlfriend. She saw a picture of an expensive car on my phone wallpaper and said is that mine to which I replied I wish, but it will be one day. Maybe she was trying to work out my hobbies? I also noticed from the corner of my eye that she was looking at me.

What I need to know is am I really getting signals from both these girls that they like me? I'm new to this stuff and I've confided in close friends over the net who I don't know in person (friends who are girls), and they say yes all the signs are there and they want to know you more and think you could be the one.

I don't want to be stupid about this, nor am I a player, and I don't want to go up to either girl and confront them and lose what I've got. Perhaps I gotta be sly and clever about this.

I'm worried that neither of these girls will see much of me because I'm not the type to go gym (I do a few sports), but I don't do many for very good reason, and I don't exactly have the best looks but I've got the personality and I'm any relationship for the love.

For both girls, at the moment I feel strong friendship but as time goes by I'm sure my feelings will develop into love (well more likely for girl B)!

Worst of all, I'm shy and I think maybe she is a bit too. I suppose the only way to deal with this is to confront my shyness head on and tell her how I feel, put everything on the line.

Any advice appreciated on course of action etc (I'm new to this). And worst of all, I'm still pretty shy. Ok first week I met these girls I was very shy and quiet but now I've overcome much of my shyness. It's easier to talk over the net, but it's more powerful face to face.

What to do? Girl B is beautiful in every way and perhaps every guy wants her. I don't want her taken I have to make things happen!

Oh, an I'm sikh and girl b is muslim. Isn't this going to be a major issue as muslims aren't supposed to date non-muslims? I don't know her parents or how religious she is and I dont care that shes muslim but I'm sure my parents will (even though my brother is dating a white girl who is older and Wwho has her own kids!).

What if girl b is using me for her own benefit or for her to get further? My mate raised this issue but she seems sweet. I mean like I've already let her photocopy my bullet point notes for an essay we are starting soon. I also ask her how she is as she is ill!

Wow, I really think her dating you will be more of a problem for her than you dating her (Girl B).
Interesting.

Here's a little true statement: signs have no intrinsic meaning - only an interpretation. The interpretation has much to do with your state of mind. The only way to find out if she likes you is to ask - or wait to be told.

Therefore if you're interested in someone, it would be advisable to communicate directly (not through interpretation games) in order to save time and effort.
I was in the car with my mate, and he and anoter girl mate (well girl A) were trying to hook girl b up with another mate of mine who is a player(who txt'd me saying she loves me) but that mate who is a player showed a lack of interest. Being a player, he went after another girl mate I know pretty well who is sikh like me (this player is muslim). That sikh girl is taken (with a black guy!). I think girl b got annoyed cos my mate showed a lack of interest in her when I don't see why he would do that - as she's beautiful and the same religion that would make it logical for him to move in. So, out of the lividness of girl b, is she trying to see me as a rebound type thing or to annoy the player?

My head hurts!
Anyway, my sister once told me this, which might be useful:
"It's got to a stage where people just don't ask eachother out now, they're relationship just intensifies until they realise they are actually going out!"
Maybe if you want to avoid a formal 'asking out' then you should just become stronger and stronger friends with her, and start doing datey stuff.
I say this because contrary to what people have been saying, the 'signs' you've seen may not be what you think they are at all, sometimes flirting can just be a sign of the relaxed and good condition of a friendship. But ofcourse she could fancy you, and I'm no relationship expert so I couldn't really say.
Reply 26
GSS
OP
maryam786

okay.... i dnt understand y she would say that??? hmmmm...... i think she likes u but then the whole "she got pissd off cos my m8 showd lack of interest" doesnt really make sense!!!

i think u shud totally 4get about girl A cos she is taken!! think she's just being friendly!!

y dont u just ask girl B straight forward what she thinks of u.... or y dnt u just ask her out n that way ul get ur answer!!!

maryam :smile:

My mate said she got annoyed at the player for the player showing a lack of interest in her. God knows why the player showed a lack of interest I thought he'd move in straight away as she's good looking, they're the same religion etc. And if she was annoyed at him it'd show she wanted him and that would be more of a reason for them to get together, well the player would just be interested in sex and would think he can get it as he can show interest easily and the girl is showing interest herself.

I think girl B has told me straight what she thinks when she laughed and said she doesn't love me. I'm certain I don't love her she's just a good friend who I need to get to know a bit more about.
GSS
First of all, I don't have the best appearance nor do I have many muscles, well I've got a few.

Anyway I live in the UK and I've started university. I've met and made many friends, both boys and girls, and I've kept my old friends as well of course. Anyway, me and my mates met another circle of girl mates.

2 of them are best mates, and I've been getting signals that they are after me.

Girl A:

Is my own religion (I'm pretty sure my family care about this issue), she's taken, has gone on holidays to two weeks, she kind of talks differently to me, we talk on MSN (well we did once where she came on just for me she said), we talked about things she doesn't talk about in uni, I've got her number etc, she knows I'm reliable so she has got me to get her the notes from lectures which we agreed to.

She's been giving out signs like looking at me from one end of the lecture theatre, where we both smiled, nodded, and I gave her full eye contact till she looked away - keep in mind I was almost on the other side!, shes friendly to me, she flicks her hair in front of me, plays with her jewellery, made up nicknames for me based on my positive traits, asks to work with me in group projects. Perhaps most significant is that she puts her arm around my waist, holds my hand, or puts her arm round mine like couples do!! She also does this with my best male mate who is taken.

Girl B:

Is girl a's close mate, not my religion (probably an issue for mine and her families), free, we text and email loads where she always asks me what I'm up to, and has a very personal yet cool nickname for me, apologises if she wakes me up because she texts at late times, she also fiddles with her jewellery, flicks her hair, has her legs crossed and hand on her lap, asks to work with me on group projects, we share notes, she asked if I had a girlfriend, laughs at my jokes and laughs when I laugh. She also punches me as a joke, when I was playing with my mobile phone asked me if I'm texting my girlfriend. Maybe she was trying to discretely drop a big question she needs answer to before any relationship into the conversation? I told her I haven't got a girlfriend. She saw a picture of an expensive car on my phone wallpaper and said is that mine to which I replied I wish, but it will be one day. Maybe she was trying to work out my hobbies? I also noticed from the corner of my eye that she was looking at me.

What I need to know is am I really getting signals from both these girls that they like me? I'm new to this stuff and I've confided in close friends over the net who I don't know in person (friends who are girls), and they say yes all the signs are there and they want to know you more and think you could be the one.

I don't want to be stupid about this, nor am I a player, and I don't want to go up to either girl and confront them and lose what I've got. Perhaps I gotta be sly and clever about this.

I'm worried that neither of these girls will see much of me because I'm not the type to go gym (I do a few sports), but I don't do many for very good reason, and I don't exactly have the best looks but I've got the personality and I'm any relationship for the love.

For both girls, at the moment I feel strong friendship but as time goes by I'm sure my feelings will develop into love (well more likely for girl B)!

Worst of all, I'm shy and I think maybe she is a bit too. I suppose the only way to deal with this is to confront my shyness head on and tell her how I feel, put everything on the line.

Any advice appreciated on course of action etc (I'm new to this). And worst of all, I'm still pretty shy. Ok first week I met these girls I was very shy and quiet but now I've overcome much of my shyness. It's easier to talk over the net, but it's more powerful face to face.

What to do? Girl B is beautiful in every way and perhaps every guy wants her. I don't want her taken I have to make things happen!

Oh, an I'm sikh and girl b is muslim. Isn't this going to be a major issue as muslims aren't supposed to date non-muslims? I don't know her parents or how religious she is and I dont care that shes muslim but I'm sure my parents will (even though my brother is dating a white girl who is older and Wwho has her own kids!).

What if girl b is using me for her own benefit or for her to get further? My mate raised this issue but she seems sweet. I mean like I've already let her photocopy my bullet point notes for an essay we are starting soon. I also ask her how she is as she is ill!

First of all I'd like to say I haven't read any of the post after ur original 1 becoz i didnt wnat ppl 2 sway my opionion abuot the 2 girls u spoke about in ur post.
Girl A sort of sounds like a player but i don't know what she's actually liek withou bein able 2 observe her, so she cud hav genuine feelings 4 u but i tihk girl B is a better bet. Girl A treats uver ppl like u and i think she just thrives off attention.
Girl B however likes u!!! ask her out. as ur shy its probably not the best thing 2 poutrite say i love u will u becum my partner (or however u wud word it)
I would advise u 2 ask her out, face 2face, b4 sum1 else gets her!
and if ur a fool n dont ask her n sum1 else does get her dont suddenly confess ur feelings 2 her str8 away, nor shud u leave it still shes in a long term relationship 2 tell her how u really feel. if sum1 else does get her, fite 4 her!! not physically, but drop hints 2 her that u r v.v.interested n dnt liek the fort of sum1 else havin her (but dont make it personal 2 her bf of the time)
basically ASK GIRL B OUT NOW!!!!

y rnt u there yet!!! :mad: :smile:
WOW WOW WOW!!! I well shud hav read the uver posts 1st.
GGS (the person who started this thread)
u made ur original post sound like u'd known them 4 a few months but its only about a week!!! dont move so fast boy! u have obviously notcied these things the girls ahev been doing liek playing with their hair so they msut b making it obvious so that u get the pic (as girls often do). However, u cud just presume these 2 girls 2 maybe liking u so therefore u pick up on eveyr little movement they make..
Forget girl A u sed it urself SHE TAKEN.
girl B, just ask her 2 go 4 a drink. 4get about the football thing.
n as far as the txt sayin does she love u n she laffed n sed no. that means absolutely nufin. she's ahrdly likely 2 say yes str8 away so the only other operation is no (well w within reason)
just ask her 4 a drink n stop wastin our time wiht posts about u possibly marrying ppl u've known for less than 7 days . lol
:tsr:
Reply 29
GSS
OP
Great advice but one small problem:

Over the last week my feelings were in a mess as I was in this situation for the first time. I've now clarified my feelings and I know I don't love her. I can't help my feelings - I can't help if I love someone, nor can I help if I don't love someone. As there was a thread before and people said you can't choose who to love and who not to love, that's what I agree with and feel.

My feelings in terms of love have nothing to do with religion, I've loved other girls who aren't my religion before so I know I could grow to love girl b despite the religion barrier, this is just my natural feeling which isn't effected by anything.

However, girl A I could grow to love although I'd have to fight what I feel if she is still in her relationship. Hell, we seem to gel immediately and share some interests.

And I ain't marrying either girl lol, I don't want to get married or have kids - I don't want the commitment and I'm not that sort of person. God knows if girl a or b are like that.

I'm not going to lie to myself nor am I going to lie to her.
Girl A=player n a tease
Lucy4Happiness
Girl A=player n a tease

or a slapper?

GSS i didnt realise you live at home. i do too, and my family are strongly religios but i met this guy i like who is not only a diff relig but diff race as well. i just lie to my mom and dad about where i am and who im with. i figure it's not immoral cos their racism and narrowmindedness is even more immoral.

girl B
Reply 32
yeh my friends parents are like that too! its a tricky situation with "racist" parents!
ouragon
yeh my friends parents are like that too! its a tricky situation with "racist" parents!

#yah!! your telling me??!! its so hard because they cant listen to reason. :frown:
Reply 34
GSS
OP
magiccarpet
or a slapper?

GSS i didnt realise you live at home. i do too, and my family are strongly religios but i met this guy i like who is not only a diff relig but diff race as well. i just lie to my mom and dad about where i am and who im with. i figure it's not immoral cos their racism and narrowmindedness is even more immoral.

girl B

Yeah but eventually you're going to have to tell you parents about your relationship and they are going to want to meet your boyfriend where they will see the religion and race difference so they will find out all eventually. I do agree, the hypocritical and ignorant nature of parents, especially mine, is a crime in itself.

What religion are you?
Good luck
GSS
Yeah but eventually you're going to have to tell you parents about your relationship and they are going to want to meet your boyfriend where they will see the religion and race difference so they will find out all eventually. I do agree, the hypocritical and ignorant nature of parents, especially mine, is a crime in itself.

What religion are you?
Good luck

no, i really love this guy. ever since we met, we are always together and when we arent together we are always on the fone.
his parents are in hong kong, so we can meet at his flat. hopefully we will still be together this time next year or the year after, when we finish uni. then i dont need my parents for their money or home anymore, so if they throw me out for telling them then it doesnt matter. im not telling them unless we really are serious about each other, enough so that if they kick me out i can move in with him. i hinted to my mom about this, saying 'mom how do you feel if i have a chinese boyf' and she went mad.

my mom is belizian, christian and wants me have a white boyf.

my dad is guyanan and wanted me to have an arranged marriage to a hindu

my parents spilt up so i live with my mom.

i say only risk seeing the girl if yu know yur mom not going to throw u out, or if u are seroius about her. :smile:
Reply 36
GSS
OP
Well on 25th October (Monday) I sat down in the lecture theatre with my mates. I sat down in the middle of the row and my mates were surrouding me. I then see her (girl B) sitting two rows in front of me with her girl mates (girl a not being there obviously). I was going to move to sit with her but I couldn't. After the lecture, I make no effort to speak to her thanks to my shyness. She then goes away and gets the player to walk her to her destination. I found out she was walked to the same bus stop - the same one I go to and went to 5 minutes later to go home like she did. Is she losing interest in me by asking the player to walk her? I could have taken her there, especially as I left straight after just after her but didn't see her there. I could have left with her no problem as I had nothing important to do afterwards.

My mates said some good points. One said:

Even if you like a girl as a friend, it's all the same as it grows to love.

Another said:

Maybe the player is getting involved to see if you will step up your pursuit of the girl and ask her out.

I've decided to tell my mate (who's physically strong) to punch me hard in the arm if I don't make an effort around her. That will get me talking.

I don't have this problem with some of the other girls I hang around with. :biggrin:
GSS
Well on 25th October (Monday) I sat down in the lecture theatre with my mates. I sat down in the middle of the row and my mates were surrouding me. I then see her (girl B) sitting two rows in front of me with her girl mates (girl a not being there obviously). I was going to move to sit with her but I couldn't. After the lecture, I make no effort to speak to her thanks to my shyness. She then goes away and gets the player to walk her to her destination. I found out she was walked to the same bus stop - the same one I go to and went to 5 minutes later to go home like she did. Is she losing interest in me by asking the player to walk her? I could have taken her there, especially as I left straight after just after her but didn't see her there. I could have left with her no problem as I had nothing important to do afterwards.

My mates said some good points. One said:

Even if you like a girl as a friend, it's all the same as it grows to love.

Another said:

Maybe the player is getting involved to see if you will step up your pursuit of the girl and ask her out.

I've decided to tell my mate (who's physically strong) to punch me hard in the arm if I don't make an effort around her. That will get me talking.

I don't have this problem with some of the other girls I hang around with. :biggrin:

:smile: awwww *massive hug* its refreshing to know there are some shy guys out there, and they're not all rudeboy players!!

you wernt wrong to not sit with her - you'd look weird to get up + move.
some questions
1) by playa, do you mean girl A? or another guy?
2) was she sitting with the playa in the lecture? if yes, she prob didnt notice u or think of talking to u cos was busy w playa.

you say u didnt make the effort to talk to her, yet u r interested. so prob is the same for her! im a girl and i wait for guys to some to me!or else shell look like a hoe chasin some guy. does she txt u still?
Reply 38
GSS
OP
magiccarpet
:smile: awwww *massive hug* its refreshing to know there are some shy guys out there, and they're not all rudeboy players!!

you wernt wrong to not sit with her - you'd look weird to get up + move.
some questions
1) by playa, do you mean girl A? or another guy?
2) was she sitting with the playa in the lecture? if yes, she prob didnt notice u or think of talking to u cos was busy w playa.

you say u didnt make the effort to talk to her, yet u r interested. so prob is the same for her! im a girl and i wait for guys to some to me!or else shell look like a hoe chasin some guy. does she txt u still?

The player is another guy - Muslim, not really got many muscles, not shy, not as intelligent as me I can tell from the help he asks. My mate once said to him when about 5 of us where walking together that I'm after his girl so maybe he is after he as well? He didn't switch at me or anything. I think I mentioned him earlier in this thread? She aint a lesbian or bisexual, lol. He said that on the day I was absent (26th) he was keeping her company for me. :eek:

At this time, the player wasn't sitting with girl B. The player was sitting with some other girls who one of my mates talks to quite often (because those girls the player was talking to are the cousins of a girl I know who was in my classes at 6th form/A Level).

We still send txts. She txtd me saying she's running low on credit but she's been reading all my texts a few days ago. She also said she was running low on credit last week and then stopped texting me, and then got some credit and started texting me so I believe what she says. I txt her a lot and I know she reads them because my phone says message sent when it's sent and message delivered when it's opened/read by the recipient so that answers that. The player mate also said that he saw my texts (he said he saw them when she showed him and they were walking together on the campus). So I know she reads them.
hmmmmm, so they're both muslim....althogh you dont mind going with a muslim, maybe she has alot of problems going out with a non muslim, and wants to go with the playa.

is he with alot of girls?or just her...do you know if they're together?

i dont think it means anything that she reads your texts, cos unless you hate someone, you always read texts. i think it is important she showed the playa your messages tho.
what did they say? was it private lov stuff, cos then they are laughing at you and she is a ho. if it was just like hi how r u stuff, then she was either showing him to prove theres nothing between u+her, mayb she loves the playa, or was laughing with him about ur texn her alot in which case they are together.

are they always together? i think mayb he notice you lik her cos otherwise he wouldnt have said he keeping her company FOR U. but then he'd only read your txts if he lik her himself :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending