Want more information about this university?

What's the student consensus like?

Watch
username4446254
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I hold an unconditional offer for Aston and will be attending in Sep 2019. What's the student population like? Is it 'chavvy'?
LaurenceC
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by dinodash99)
I hold an unconditional offer for Aston and will be attending in Sep 2019. What's the student population like? Is it 'chavvy'?
I wouldn't say it's 'chavvy' at all.

Aston has a very multicultural population, depending on where in the country you're from, this might seem noticeable to you- or not at all.

A nice blend of people from all over the world attend Aston, so you're guaranteed to meet lots of different types of people.
username4446254
Rep:
?
(Original post by LaurenceC)
I wouldn't say it's 'chavvy' at all.

Aston has a very multicultural population, depending on where in the country you're from, this might seem noticeable to you- or not at all.

A nice blend of people from all over the world attend Aston, so you're guaranteed to meet lots of different types of people.
I see, that's good to know. After visiting some local uni's, I was hoping Aston wouldn't end up in the same boat as them so this is good news.

I'm guessing you go to Aston? My friend goes to Birmingham and apparently there is a few conflict/clashes at night (clubs) between UoB and B.City students? Would Aston be the same? Just worried about safety/
LaurenceC
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I see, that's good to know. After visiting some local uni's, I was hoping Aston wouldn't end up in the same boat as them so this is good news.

I'm guessing you go to Aston? My friend goes to Birmingham and apparently there is a few conflict/clashes at night (clubs) between UoB and B.City students? Would Aston be the same? Just worried about safety/

Yes I'm 2nd year at Aston.

I've honestly never experienced any of that on nights out, wouldn't know about the other unis however.
username4446254
Rep:
?
Anyone else have any views on what the student population is like? Does it have the same ‘chavvy’ reputation like NTU and/or London Met?
huiser
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyone else have any views on what the student population is like? Does it have the same ‘chavvy’ reputation like NTU and/or London Met?
I'm a final year at Aston and can confirm that it's definitely not chavvy. There are a lot of middle class kids and rich international students.
username4446254
Rep:
?
(Original post by huiser)
I'm a final year at Aston and can confirm that it's definitely not chavvy. There are a lot of middle class kids and rich international students.
Ah I see. When I went to the open day at BCU. I got quite a different vibe :/
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
The population is about half white and half other races if that helps
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by huiser)
It's filled with Asians roadman...
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What..no please explain. I hope this is some joke? If it is anything like you say it is I might withdraw my place and go elsewhere. I honestly don't want to be dealing with them type of people. Genuinely.
wtf i thought this was a decent uni............
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What..no please explain. I hope this is some joke? If it is anything like you say it is I might withdraw my place and go elsewhere. I honestly don't want to be dealing with them type of people. Genuinely.
wtf i thought this was a decent uni............
Half the student population is of Asian heritage
Anonymous #4
Report 1 year ago
Asians are smart and mostly middle class...implies it's a decent uni tbf. Also to compare Aston with the likes of BCU and London Met is an insult
(Original post by paul514)
Half the student population is of Asian heritage
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Asians are smart and mostly middle class...implies it's a decent uni tbf. Also to compare Aston with the likes of BCU and London Met is an insult
Well I didn’t do that, it’s an ok uni nothing special but not a bad uni at all
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
As long as it isn’t ‘roadmen’ or any of them ASBO people then I’m fine tbh.
Swills11
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Join this brand new group for nightlife/events in Birmingham for freshers!! https://www.facebook.com/groups/2294...f=group_browse
WelpThisIsSad
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
is it really?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (41)
7.9%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (40)
7.71%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (124)
23.89%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (73)
14.07%
No, nothing has changed (159)
30.64%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (82)
15.8%

Watched Threads