The Student Room Group

Difficult Mathsy/Physics please help URGENT

I have to do extra maths as part of my a levels, I've got this assignment to complete by tomorrow... I can't do questions 2,3,4 and 5 can anyone help?
Original post by gracebayton
I have to do extra maths as part of my a levels, I've got this assignment to complete by tomorrow... I can't do questions 2,3,4 and 5 can anyone help?

So you have no idea at all what happens to x(t)=Asin(ωt+ϕ)x(t) = A\sin(\omega t + \phi) as tt\rightarrow \infty ?
Reply 2

Not a clue to be honest. Nothing to do with my a level and the tutor hasn't been in.
Not a clue to be honest. Nothing to do with my a level and the tutor hasn't been in.

If tt \to \infty then (ωt+ϕ)(\omega t + \phi) \to \infty (since ω>0\omega > 0)

So the argument of Asin(...)A \sin (...) is pretty much anything positive... but sine is an oscillatory wave, meaning it oscilates between two values as its argument changes.

Can you deduce anything about xx now?
I'm going to be blunt here: this is obviously assessed, and it doesn't look to be A-level material - it definitely has the "feel" of being from a university, and you certainly wouldn't be doing PDEs at A-level.

Add in the fact that you say you need to answer these questions by tomorrow (today) and you don't seem to have made *any* progress on your own and this feels totally an attempt to get assessment marks you don't deserve.

RDKGames
Up to you, but I don't think the OP should be helped here.
Original post by DFranklin
Up to you, but I don't think the OP should be helped here.

Agreed, though I suspected this at first too then I noticed the deadline for the task has already passed.

Nevertheless, I doubt OP even needs help anymore considering their 'proper' deadline is pretty much over at this point, and they haven't bothered replying to my last post yesterday even though they must've been under pressure to get this done :dontknow:
Original post by RDKGames
Agreed, though I suspected this at first too then I noticed the deadline for the task has already passed.

I just assumed they'd already begged for an extension; sometimes this place makes me cynical.

(More generally, I feel there are often people doing "non-maths" courses who not only struggle with the content when they find topics requiring maths, but basically make no effort whatsoever to engage with it. Then they have to answer questions and they have absolutely no idea where to begin...)

Quick Reply

Latest