Applying to Uni Watch

Cavan123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi ,
I have come to the UK 4 months back and now I am doing my A Levels( year 13).Right now I am thinking about Universities to apply for just to confirm things and not end up in a mess.
I am a EU passport holder.Will I have any access to students loan when I apply ?
Liverpool Hope University
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Cavan123)
Hi ,
I have come to the UK 4 months back and now I am doing my A Levels( year 13).Right now I am thinking about Universities to apply for just to confirm things and not end up in a mess.
I am a EU passport holder.Will I have any access to students loan when I apply ?
Hello :ciao:

According to UCAS, you can apply as long as:
- You're an EU national
- Lived in the EEA or Switzerland for at least 3 years before your first day of studies
- You're studying a course that qualifies for student finance

More information can be found at:
https://www.ucas.com/finance/student...ts#eligibility

You'll also be glad to know that home fees apply to EU students - instead of being charged international prices!

Hope this helps and good luck with your application,
Mike :top2:
SzuSzu
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Cavan123)
Hi ,
Hi, I am an EU passport holder too, and am attending uni in the UK atm. If you're an EU national you will be paying the same tuition fees as UK citizens (£9,250), however you're only eligible for loans (tuition loan as well as maintenance loans) if you've been living in the UK for the last five years. This is just far as I know, and as I've been told when I applied myself.
https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/eu-students
Last edited by SzuSzu; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.58%
No (220)
94.42%

Watched Threads