The Student Room Group

Manufacturers jobs are leaving the Uk

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ColinDent
Or maybe just the stupid ones eh? As has already been pointed out in this thread there are no jobs being lost so no decline.

Your Boris goggles are on fine form today.
Original post by Burton Bridge
Why did you not quote factory closures previous to 2016 on membership of the EU?

Because we can't find any other examples of 20 factories all upping sticks and relocating abroad at the same time.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
It's sad and pathetic that the people of the NE, who voted heavily for Brexit, are now going to pay the price - severe industrial decline once more. It demonstrates that sometimes, even in a democracy, people need to be protected from external manipulation by evil forces, for their own good.

Nvm… they'll have more time to stand about and whoop with joy after their notices are handed out.
(edited 5 years ago)
Recently read Dyson moved their HQ from the UK to Singapore. Not sure if it was directly related to the economy/Brexit fears but I guess there's a strong chance it may be!
Original post by henocookie
Recently read Dyson moved their HQ from the UK to Singapore. Not sure if it was directly related to the economy/Brexit fears but I guess there's a strong chance it may be!

It was a few people I think for their new electric car
Original post by Vinny C
Airbus, BMI Baby, Kerry Foods, Nissan, Honda, Ford, Land Rover, Phillips... nothing to do with Brexit, is it guys? Just an unfortunate coincidence, lol. We'll be lucky if there's any jobs left before Brexit, never mind after it.

So every job loss is related to brexit is it? You have your Anna Soubry glasses on today.
So every job loss is related to brexit is it? You have your Anna Soubry glasses on today.

Nice try... but most are related directly or otherwise. I do not condemn Brexiteers as stupid but do believe many were deceived.
Crazy how people claw at any reason to try to back their cause even if it's deluded.

Why dont any of you remainers blame the EU for the closure of factories since we joined the EEC, the huge demise of UK Manufactureing?
Crazy how people claw at any reason to try to back their cause even if it's deluded.

Why dont any of you remainers blame the EU for the closure of factories since we joined the EEC, the huge demise of UK Manufactureing?

Still in denial... belief in a magic bus was deluded. 20 major manufacturers relocating in a month is a warning of things to come.
Vinny it's you that's in denial!

Do actually you know what the European Union has just signed, thats your golden organisation of apprant economic brillance which has added to the actual reason Honda has moved its manufacturing back 'home'?
@Burton Bridge @ColinDent @henocookie @999tigger

UK presently has a weak leader. The Prime Minister was previously the Home Secretary. Do a google and you will see the number of blunders she oversaw during her reign there. Changing her hairstyle might perhaps be good for 'feng shui' but in reality it counts for absolutely nothing. She's a geography graduate. What would she know about running a country?
Original post by Audrey18

UK presently has a weak leader. The Prime Minister was previously the Home Secretary. Do a google and you will see the number of blunders she oversaw during her reign there. Changing her hairstyle might perhaps be good for 'feng shui' but in reality it counts for absolutely nothing. She's a geography graduate. What would she know about running a country?

I agree
Original post by Audrey18

100% agree she's an absolute disaster
Original post by Vinny C
Nice try... but most are related directly or otherwise. I do not condemn Brexiteers as stupid but do believe many were deceived.

Well if the ones you mentioned BMI are/were a terribly run company that have been on borrowed time for quite some time, Ford are considering pulling out of Europe altogether, JLR have been hit by falling sales in China and the diesel problem and Honda's withdrawal is about them concentrating on electric cars and their biggest markets with which they have better trade deals than the EU do, of which the EU is not one.
So who is the one twisting facts here?
I'll give you a clue, it's not me.
Vinny it's you that's in denial!

Do actually you know what the European Union has just signed, thats your golden organisation of apprant economic brillance which has added to the actual reason Honda has moved its manufacturing back 'home'?

Same story... everyone else is to blame, never the referendum result. Deflecting blame used to be the province of ***** in suits but seems the Mogg sites have picked up on it. Sorry... forgot... he is a **** in a suit.
Original post by Vinny C
Same story... everyone else is to blame, never the referendum result. Deflecting blame used to be the province of ***** in suits but seems the Mogg sites have picked up on it. Sorry... forgot... he is a **** in a suit.

Deflection is your speciality Vincenzo
Deflection is your speciality Vincenzo

I am a good strategist. That's how I recognise when it is being used... esp in 2016.
Original post by Vinny C
I am a good strategist. That's how I recognise when it is being used... esp in 2016.

Not going to answer my question?

Which question? My concern was 17.4 million hoodwinked in 2016. My concern now is they still are and I can't find who's behind it.

Low profile... operating in background, it has all the hallmarks of Cummings again. Secretary, find me recent activities of Dominic Cummings but of course... I have no such secretary.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending