A bomb explodes in Londonderry, Northern Ireland Watch

muthalganesan18
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
http://www.news4jax.com/news/interna...rthern-ireland

It's more likely to be Troubles than Muslims (but who knows), and I suspect it's Protestant because it's in Londonderry (why bomb your own city?).
Last edited by muthalganesan18; 4 weeks ago
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Dead-on to be an act of dissidence because they phoned in a warning. Outside a courthouse, thus likely a breakaway republican group.
Last edited by gjd800; 4 weeks ago
CoolCavy
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Moved to news and current affairs
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
why would the IRA do this ? the UK is imploding due to Brexit.... why waste good Semtex ?
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by the bear)
why would the IRA do this ? the UK is imploding due to Brexit.... why waste good Semtex ?
There is no 'the IRA' any more, not in the old sense. Ironically, Brexit is probably the best-shot democratic precursor to a democratically won united Ireland. Silly to hark back to the old days like this. I can't imagine anyone in Derry really wants it.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It has? It starts. The minefield is open again. Only the Irish call it the troubles. Rest of UK have stronger terms for it.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Bear... this is the tip of the Brexit iceberg. Just wait until the poisoned dwarf opens fire. Nuff said.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Vinny C)
Bear... this is the tip of the Brexit iceberg. Just wait until the poisoned dwarf opens fire. Nuff said.
:bear: = :afraid:
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That's it. I have been waiting for an excuse to join the Royal Anglians, and here it ****ing is. The enemy is on the move.
Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I hope nobody in injured.
SCIENCE :D
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ireland should be Irish, Brexit would be so much smoother if we just give back Northern Ireland.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
:bear: = :afraid:
Quite... we have played right into her hands.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SCIENCE :D)
Ireland should be Irish, Brexit would be so much smoother if we just give back Northern Ireland.
So you can jump up and down, ban all the protestants and re invite the Nazis, the Spanish and anyone else who hates England. No thanks!
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So you can jump up and down, ban all the protestants and re invite the Nazis, the Spanish and anyone else who hates England. No thanks!
Irish rebels wouldn't have even been a thing if not for continued violent subjugation of the native Irish. Collusion doesn't happen in a vacuum.
Last edited by gjd800; 4 weeks ago
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by gjd800)
Irish rebels wouldn't have even been a thing if not for continued violent subjugation of the native Irish. Collusion doesn't happen in a vacuum.
Subjugation is a thing of the past and treating North and South exactly the same is what makes it work. That is what Brexiteers do not realise.
certain some1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by muthalganesan18)
http://www.news4jax.com/news/interna...rthern-ireland

It's more likely to be Troubles rather than Islamic (but who knows), and I suspect it's Protestant because it's in Londonderry (why bomb your own city?).
why the hell do you say islamic?
JohanGRK
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by certain some1)
why the hell do you say islamic?
Alright mr outrage... this isn't a thread about you, it's a thread about some good ol' intra-Celtic killing
certain some1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by JohanGRK)
Alright mr outrage... this isn't a thread about you, it's a thread about some good ol' intra-Celtic killing
that reply wasnt about you mate.
stop the hypocrisy
nightisdark
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Derry. I have no doubt that the whole border issue has started this.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
SCIENCE :D
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What are you even talking about?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (7)
11.29%
Yes - a food allergy (5)
8.06%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (3)
4.84%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (4)
6.45%
No (43)
69.35%

Watched Threads