The Student Room Group

A-level AQA Sociology Paper 1, 2, 3 7192 22nd May, 4th + 12th Jun 2019

Scroll to see replies

100% agree with you but I also want the best for my A level. I'd pay him/her personally just to get a proper mark for what I've wrote
Original post by anonymous1231231
I do believe they would check it, my point was they shouldn’t really have to. Marking as an examiner is long - you don’t get paid a lot unless you do a lot, and it’s kinda peak that they have to deal with what you’ve done a lot
Original post by cheerIeader
**** sorry lmfaoo didn't read that at all.

Completely missed this question out due to time but answered everything else but the basic points were -
You could have mentioned personal diaries being a secondary form of data thus lacking representativeness being hard to access etc, however cheap to access

i really dont wanna be rude but read my post, i said i had points i just dont think i wrote enough
just out of curiosity, how have your teachers taught you to write essays?

for 20 markers, 3-4 paragraphs.
for 30 markers, 3-5 paragraphs.

for 10 markers, they're so confusing. textbooks and stuff say no intro or conclusion, and my teaches change their minds every lesson. one lesson they say to do it, other times don't.

for 10 markers, they're so confusing. textbooks and stuff say no intro or conclusion, and my teaches change their minds every lesson. one lesson they say to do it, other times don't.

NO don't do a conclusion under any circumstance for a 10 marker.
also if you do a 10 marker split it into two paragraphs

point -> explain -> evidence -> link to question -> criticism (small point not lengthy)

30 markers - around 6 points between intro and conclusion, for top marks criticise each point you make (either within the para or separate)
20 markers - around 4 points between intro and conclusion, same concept.
does anyone have predictions for paper 2????
Wtf don’t even think about doing a conclusion for a 10 marker.

No that’s fine I did that too.
Original post by Adam1244
Don't know if I screwd the 30 marker. For some of my evaluation points I used the opposite e.g. external factor to criticise an internal factor. Does this matter?
Original post by anonymousamk
Wtf don’t even think about doing a conclusion for a 10 marker.

Original post by cheerIeader
NO don't do a conclusion under any circumstance for a 10 marker.
also if you do a 10 marker split it into two paragraphs

point -> explain -> evidence -> link to question -> criticism (small point not lengthy)

30 markers - around 6 points between intro and conclusion, for top marks criticise each point you make (either within the para or separate)
20 markers - around 4 points between intro and conclusion, same concept.

I don't do an intro/conc for a 10 marker, I'm just saying that's what my teachers say...But they're not qualified to teach sociology lol
30 marker on theoretical perspectives is amazing cause you can give PERC about lets say functionalism then AL as Marxism/feminism/new right and repeat it 2 more times
its like one o them dream questions...because my teacher say's if there are many theorist in one theoretical perspective you can start a debate against each other but if there aren't any then you can start debate against different perspectives
Original post by angel.xo
they tend to avoid doing 30 markers of perspectives because there isn't much to write about for e.g functionalism you can only speak about parsons, Durkheim, davis and moore. and evaluate them.

its more common for 20 markers.
what does perc and al stand for
Original post by blue2019
30 marker on theoretical perspectives is amazing cause you can give PERC about lets say functionalism then AL as Marxism/feminism/new right and repeat it 2 more times
its like one o them dream questions...because my teacher say's if there are many theorist in one theoretical perspective you can start a debate against each other but if there aren't any then you can start debate against different perspectives
childhood might come up

Original post by lol23231.x
Any predictions for Families&households/Beliefs
point
explain
reference
criticism/complement
Alternative
explanation
reference
criticism/complement
Link (back to quistion)

Original post by StarxScreamx
what does perc and al stand for
Did anyone evaluate in the analyse 10 marker? My school encourages me to.. I just forgot :/ how many marks do you think I would be constraint to?
Any predictions for paper 2? Families and households and beliefs in society please
It has come up for 2 years so I’m not too sure about it coming up again
Original post by blue2019
childhood might come up
for the 30 marker where we meant to include perspectives
Original post by Glitzmania

no but some people did. makes no difference if you did or didnt at all
Original post by ForeverYoungx
Did anyone evaluate in the analyse 10 marker? My school encourages me to.. I just forgot :/ how many marks do you think I would be constraint to?

you only evaluate for the 10 marker with item not the 10 markers without x
Original post by ForeverYoungx

what was the 10 marker again....i you remember....I used chain o reasoning to expand and criticisms in terms of evaluation
it could be any one from the ethnicity section in education
Original post by Glitzmania

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending