Zasty
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ymmsll)
yeah.
The year 12 politics class at my college is majority tory🤮
The year 12 politics class at my college is majority labour with the teacher being an extreme leftist ahaha
ColinDent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Probably because some of them will be doing very well thank you very much.
The big question is when will the under 25's realise that Jeremy Corbyn is not what they think he is.
VMD100
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm considerably under 55 and absolutely will.
They delivered a brexit deal and wish to uphold the peoples will, as shown in vote, to leave the European Union.
Unlike less democratically minded parties...
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Of course.

2017 was an especially polarised election and corbyn is already seeing low personal approval ratings. The Tories may not win the young but there’s no reason they won’t close the gap.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Voting Conservative vs Labour does not have anything to do with age?
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
Probably because some of them will be doing very well thank you very much.
The big question is when will the under 25's realise that Jeremy Corbyn is not what they think he is.
Who is he then
CoffeeAndPolitics
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I just turned 18 a couple of months ago so if an election is called, it will be my first time voting in the polls. As a Remainer I'll probably be voting tactically if a General Election is called which means voting for my current MP who voted to Remain in the referendum and backs a People's Vote. Had I lived in a different consistency things would be tricky concerning who I'd vote far. In terms of the London Mayoral Elections in 2020, I not too sure who I'll be backing but maybe Sadiq Khan who's done a okay-ish job so far.
Smack
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
As a Remainer I'll probably be voting tactically if a General Election is called which means voting for my current MP who voted to Remain in the referendum and backs a People's Vote.
Regardless, your current MP is almost certainly a member of a party that supports leaving the EU and headed by a Brexiteer. Your vote will be taken as support for a mandate to leave the EU.
CoffeeAndPolitics
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Smack)
Regardless, your current MP is almost certainly a member of a party that supports leaving the EU and headed by a Brexiteer. Your vote will be taken as support for a mandate to leave the EU.
Annoyingly as it is, the Labour Party does seem to be split/has an unclear position on Brexit. However, in the constituency I live in, I'd rather vote for my current MP who clearly backs calls for a People's Vote than vote for an unknown Lib Dem candidate who's the only candidate who'll have some chance of putting a fight for the seat. Besides the Tories will have no chance of winning in my constituency as it's mostly a Labour-dominated area.
Smack
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
Annoyingly as it is, the Labour Party does seem to be split/has an unclear position on Brexit. However, in the constituency I live in, I'd rather vote for my current MP who clearly backs calls for a People's Vote than vote for an unknown Lib Dem candidate who's the only candidate who'll have some chance of putting a fight for the seat. Besides the Tories will have no chance of winning in my constituency as it's mostly a Labour-dominated area.
What their position is on the details of Brexit, other than not being a member of the EU is unclear, but that they are a pro-Brexit party is very clear. Only 71 Labour MPs have shown support for a second referendum. Given the current parliamentary arithmetic, with Leave supporting parties winning more than 80% of the popular vote and occupying a similar percentage of the seats in Parliament, it's very difficult to see how a "People's Vote" is going to come about.
Bill Nye
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah.

More younger people voting for labour etc does not mean that they all will
DSilva
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Of course.

2017 was an especially polarised election and corbyn is already seeing low personal approval ratings. The Tories may not win the young but there’s no reason they won’t close the gap.
Only if they can do something about home ownership.
ColinDent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Who is he then
He is a career politician like the rest of them not a man of the people, I'm afraid he's better suited to being a back bencher and protesting against things than leading the country.
His views on our security and defence are dangerous to say the least and his much vaunted principles have recently shown to be very moveable, cough the EU cough.
I like many others want to return to voting for Labour but simply cannot with that man as the leader.
Wōden
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Zasty)
The year 12 politics class at my college is majority labour with the teacher being an extreme leftist ahaha
What an incredible coincidence...
Zasty
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Wōden)
What an incredible coincidence...
Almost as if the school is in a predominantly left area idk tho
Moose-er
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes. I've even been thinking about joining the party
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Moose-er)
Yes. I've even been thinking about joining the party
What attracted you at the moment to possibly the most incompetence government in living memory?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (97)
14.85%
Yes - a food allergy (71)
10.87%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (16)
2.45%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (18)
2.76%
No (451)
69.07%

Watched Threads