The Student Room Group

App for audio revision guides for A-Level and GCSE. What do you think?

So I have an idea to launch an app or something like that where you can purchase an affordable audio recording of the study guides for GCSE's and A-levels. Honestly, that would be really useful for me as a consumer. Would that be useful to you? and is there something like this out there?

Because personally I am short on time to study and wish I could just listen to the chapters whilst on the go etc to keep info fresh. Something like audible but just for the UK students.

So please tell me what you think. I want to hear why my idea sucks and why is does not hehe?)
Reply 1
Honestly that sounds like an amazing idea because I always learn faster when im listening to something. I guess its why I can remember songs really easily
Reply 2
Yes I completely get you on that. Also revision on the go. I think is very useful for students to balance out tThank you for your reply. Yes I completely get you on that. Also revision on the go. I think is very useful for students to balance out their busy livesheir busy lives

(Original post by JCMC2003)Honestly that sounds like an amazing idea because I always learn faster when im listening to something. I guess its why I can remember songs really easily
Couldn't you just record yourself speaking?
Reply 4
Thats what I currently do but it super time consuming)

(Original post by Bill Nye)Couldn't you just record yourself speaking?
I used something very similar to what you’re describing called GCSE pod at gcse, but I’m not aware of anything like this that accommodates A Level. It’s a really good idea, and is definitely really beneficial to audio learners. There’s just the issue of tackling all the exam boards, and say, for English lit, being able to cover all the different text options.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by emilyhaworthx
I used something very similar to what you’re describing called GCSE pod at gcse, but I’m not aware of anything like this that accommodates A Level. It’s a really good idea, and is definitely really beneficial to audio learners. There’s just the issue of tackling all the exam boards, and say, for English lit, being able to cover all the different text options.

Same problem with say history
Reply 7
Original post by emilyhaworthx

Cool. I did not know about GCSE pod. I will check it out. Thank you for your feedback!

Quick Reply

Latest