Report Thread starter 1 year ago
—-
Last edited by ra1500; 4 months ago
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A lot depends on the offer you have. Firm the one you really want to go to. The insurance depends on your likely grades and offers. How would you feel about going into clearing if you chose your top 2 and it didnt work out. My get feeling would be to take your top choices and gamble but others might see things differently
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ra1500)
Ive got offers for pharmacy from Hertfordshire UCL and Kings- my predictions is A*,A,B im not sure if i should firm ucl or kings and insure Hertfordshire OR ucl as firm and kings as insurance. What would be best?
It would be useful to have more information. What were the offers the 3 Unis gave you? And do you have any other offers or just those 3?
ra1500
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
AAB condition from UCL and Kings; BBB conditional from Hertfordshire, and yep just those three
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
AAB condition from UCL and Kings; BBB conditional from Hertfordshire, and yep just those three
have you thought about applying to a further 2 to give you a better insurance option. How about Reading or East Anglia.
ra1500
Rep:
?
Yeah i’ve already given everything in, i dont really want to live out - so ionly applied to commutable unis
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It depends on how confident you feel about achieving AAB in your exams?

Seeing as both your London offers are identical and you will be able to work as a Pharmacist from any accredited Uni, I think I would put Hertfordshire as Insurance, if you have any doubts about your A level predictions.
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have a feeling Hertfordshire is one of the Pharmacy courses each year in clearing and if that is the case you would probably be better using the London universities with Hertfordshire as a clearing option. @ageshallnot can you please confirm this. I would also go to visit days before making your decision which should be made in April not now.
ra1500
Rep:
?
I visited all the potential uni’s and by far loved UCL and Kings- Herts, not so much. But i really dont know what i’d do if i didnt get into the london unis-
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
I have a feeling Hertfordshire is one of the Pharmacy courses each year in clearing and if that is the case you would probably be better using the London universities with Hertfordshire as a clearing option. @ageshallnot can you please confirm this. I would also go to visit days before making your decision which should be made in April not now.
Yeah, I just googled it and Hertfordshire was indeed in Clearing for Pharmacy last year.

BUT - there's no guarantee it will be in Clearing for Pharmacy this year, and as OP is restricted to commutable Unis, they wouldn't have as many options as most people have when looking at Clearing vacancies.

It's a difficult one to call!
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
I'm afraid I can't help because I'm abroad and will be so until mid-March.
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
[QUOTE=harrysbar;81524764]Yeah, I just googled it and Hertfordshire was indeed in Clearing for Pharmacy last year.

BUT - there's no guarantee it will be in Clearing for Pharmacy this year, and as OP is restricted to commutable Unis, they wouldn't have as many options as most people have when looking at Clearing vacancies.

It's a difficult one to call![/QUOTE I think it has been in every year. If that is the case it likely will be this year due the population decrease. We are talking OP has predicted grades A*AB as against an offer of AAB. There is also the chance Kings will accept a dropped grade. It is a difficult one as OP has restricted mobility but my gut feeling is OP will get into Kings or UCL.
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I visited all the potential uni’s and by far loved UCL and Kings- Herts, not so much. But i really dont know what i’d do if i didnt get into the london unis-
You would have a number of options. Firstly it is possible Kings would accept 1 dropped grade ie ABB although that is not guaranteed. Secondly you could look into clearing for pharmacy courses available. I suspect Hertfordshire would be available although that cant be guaranteed. Alternatively you could enter a pharmacy clearing option elsewhere and stay there or take a different course near London. If none of these apply you could take a gap year then reapply with improved grades.
ra1500
Rep:
?
Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (141)
14.31%
I'm not sure (42)
4.26%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (295)
29.95%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.64%
I'm not a current university student (481)
48.83%

Watched Threads