Jess_1230
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’ve got an offer for social sciences at bath and sociology and politics at Exeter. Exeter is a higher offer but I don’t want to put it as my firm unless I know I want to go there over bath becuase I think I get the grades for Exeter. Which is better in term of the subject, life, accommodation etc?
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jess_1230)
I’ve got an offer for social sciences at bath and sociology and politics at Exeter. Exeter is a higher offer but I don’t want to put it as my firm unless I know I want to go there over bath becuase I think I get the grades for Exeter. Which is better in term of the subject, life, accommodation etc?
I have just checked Complete University Guide Bath is 3rd Exeter 4th for Sociology so there is no real difference. Both are in small beautiful cities. Exeter has a more picturesque campus but Bath has great views looking down over the city. Neither city is going to be great in terms of nightlife compared to say Bristol. There isnt anything really to choose. I would suggest you attend visit days and come to a decision on your preference. It would be wise not to make your decision until April to give plenty of time to think it out.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jess_1230)
I think of Bath as a more prestigious Uni than Exeter so I'm surprised the Exeter offer was higher.

As said above, they are similar cities in lots of ways - and both will have a wide range of Uni accomodation on offer to first years.
Only you can make the decision about which city and campus you prefer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.49%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.02%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
16.97%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.02%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (79)
29.15%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.34%

Watched Threads