accommodation Watch

alissapx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
the uni i’m applying to is an hour away. and transport is actually pretty good but i love my family to bits and don’t wanna move out yet the accommodation availability is great. can i get accommodation but choose to love at home too so i can use both
Simbasoul
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Are you made of money???!!! Uni accommodation is a cost that, if you pay it, you should use it (or it is a waste of money!) But also, taking a room that you do not intent to use is a bit selfish as theire will be other students who are desparate for a room on campus and have no other alternatives. An hour one way is a long journey, especially if you want to embrace uni life - how will you manage after a night out, for example?
nintysixthousand
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
i think the only problem would be if you get a maintenance loan, you would have to say if your moved our or not. you could always stay for the week and go home on weekends or just commute from home depending on your contact hours!
alissapx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
i never said that i wasn’t gonan use it. for longer days at uni intend to stay there and weekends i wanna be at home. it won’t effect uni life if i wanna go out. i’ll be aware of any plans anyway so i’ll be prepared for that. i just wanted to know if i could do that no need to get so rude
Simbasoul
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by alissapx)
i never said that i wasn’t gonan use it. for longer days at uni intend to stay there and weekends i wanna be at home. it won’t effect uni life if i wanna go out. i’ll be aware of any plans anyway so i’ll be prepared for that. i just wanted to know if i could do that no need to get so rude
I wasn’t being rude - I was being factual - an hour is a long way each way all day every day! You are reading a rude tone that wascertainly not there - live at uni - go home at weekends if you feel the need (I suspect with the fun stuff that happens at the weekend you might want to hang around!) but always useful to be near home for the odd Sunday roast or load of clean washing!!!
harrysbar
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Simbasoul)
I wasn’t being rude - I was being factual - an hour is a long way each way all day every day! You are reading a rude tone that wascertainly not there - live at uni - go home at weekends if you feel the need (I suspect with the fun stuff that happens at the weekend you might want to hang around!) but always useful to be near home for the odd Sunday roast or load of clean washing!!!
It did come across as a bit rude to ask someone if they are made of money???!!!

The OPs financial situation is not something it is polite to question.
Simbasoul
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
It did come across as a bit rude to ask someone if they are made of money???!!!

The OPs financial situation is not something it is polite to question.
Oh dear...sorry I forgot to add the winky face emoji OP - I am very new to this site....!
harrysbar
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Simbasoul)
Oh dear...sorry I forgot to add the winky face emoji OP - I am very new to this site....!
I can relate - I'm also new to the site and not too good with the emojis and other stuff

But back to the OPs original question - yes, it is possible to get student accomodation on campus even if you intend to live at home for part of the week.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (37)
11.31%
I used to but I don't now (12)
3.67%
No, but I want to start (116)
35.47%
No, I am unable to (73)
22.32%
No, I chose not to (89)
27.22%