Asian man hacked to death with hammer by estonian immigrant in NYC Watch

HucktheForde
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
A HORRIFIC racist attack at a seafood buffet restaurant in New York City on Tuesday has left a Malaysian man brain dead.

Johor-native Ng Thang Kheong, 60, proprietor of the popular Seaport Buffet restaurant on Emmons Avenue in Brooklyn, was badly wounded in the unprovoked attack and pronounced brain dead by the NYU Langone Medical Centre where he was being treated, Says reported.

One of Ng’s employees – chef Fufai Pun, 34 – died from his injuries, while restaurant manager Tsz Mat Pun, 50, is listed in critical condition.
The New York Post reported that the attack occurred at 5.15pm on Jan 15 when the eatery was full of customers.

According to witnesses, a man – later identified as construction worker Arthur Martunovich, 34 – burst into the restaurant and began bashing several of the staff members on their heads with a hammer.

As patrons scrambled for the exits, Martunovich could be heard screaming “bizarre things”.

One traumatised diner said blood was spattered throughout the restaurant.
According to the New York Post, Martunovich later fled into the food outlet’s parking lot, but police managed to track him down shortly after.

While under incarceration, Martunovich, an Estonian immigrant, reportedly told police officers that he was inspired to carry out the attack by a Chinese movie he had watched in which “men were mistreating women”.

Based on his rambling rant at a local police station, a law enforcement officer said: “(Martunovich) had problems with Asian men.”

Martunovich has been charged with murder, attempted murder, and criminal possession of a weapon, and is expected to undergo psychiatric evaluation.
Meanwhile, the Seaport Buffet restaurant has remained shuttered as investigators search for clues.

As for Ng, the China Press reported that doctors at the NYU Langone Medical Centre are at a loss as to whether to continue his life support system, as he has no family in the United States.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2...ity-restaurant
moggis
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
A lot of Eastern Europeans are a bit racist .
But it’s ok because they’re also hard working .🙃
BlueIndigoViolet
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by moggis)
*This court hears that you murdered a man in cold blood. Buuttt.... you work hard so you are free to gO"
Just my opinion
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How many countries aren't a bit racist?
Pinkisk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
According to some people racism against minorities does not exist and where it does it has no serious consequences.
DrMikeHuntHertz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Isn't saying that also a bit racist?
SCIENCE :D
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I thought only anglo-whites were racist?
Pinkisk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There's a correlation between poverty, ignorance and racism. All poverty stricken nations have a strong prevalence of racism. People that are poor and associated with cultures that have little material value in this world often suffer from inferiority complexes. They find, in racism, the comfort of feeling better than other people.

I recently watched a documentary about the KKK. There was this woman in it and the journalist asked her why she had become a member of the KKK. Her honesty was brutal. She was like, I've always felt inferior. The KKK made me feel better than other people.
Last edited by Pinkisk; 4 weeks ago
muthalganesan18
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
As for Ng, the China Press reported that doctors at the NYU Langone Medical Centre are at a loss as to whether to continue his life support system, as he has no family in the United States.
I'm sorry but wtf does his family's residence have to do with anything?
Jebedee
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by muthalganesan18)
I'm sorry but wtf does his family's residence have to do with anything?
They are the ones that tend to make decisions regarding life support .
muthalganesan18
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Jebedee)
They are the ones that tend to make decisions regarding life support .
So instead you're going to kill him?
Jebedee
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by muthalganesan18)
So instead you're going to kill him?
Read the article, he's braindead. Generally hospitals aren't in the business of keeping bodies artificially alive with no chance of them waking up.

They notify the family and they make the decision so the hospital isnt legally liable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (88)
14.52%
Yes - a food allergy (63)
10.4%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.48%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (16)
2.64%
No (424)
69.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed