The Student Room Group

How do i improve grades efficiently for GCSE's

Hey i have missed the first 2 months of school due to an illness, i came bback and within a month i had to have mock exams.i had the option to drop upto 2 of my subjects so i chose geography. these are my results for the mocks

Business - 2A
Computer Science - 2A
English Langauge - 5A
Maths - 4A
Religious Education - 4C
Chemistry - 2A
Biology - 3A
Physics - 4C

i really want to do maths, biology and physics for a level and my sixth form requires a 6 in those subjects. I've always been horrible at chemistry and i have only a few months to get that up to at least a 5. How do you guys revise and do you have any advice? I have already made a revision timetable for my subjects
Original post by Member199
Hey i have missed the first 2 months of school due to an illness, i came bback and within a month i had to have mock exams.i had the option to drop upto 2 of my subjects so i chose geography. these are my results for the mocks

Business - 2A
Computer Science - 2A
English Langauge - 5A
Maths - 4A
Religious Education - 4C
Chemistry - 2A
Biology - 3A
Physics - 4C

i really want to do maths, biology and physics for a level and my sixth form requires a 6 in those subjects. I've always been horrible at chemistry and i have only a few months to get that up to at least a 5. How do you guys revise and do you have any advice? I have already made a revision timetable for my subjects

Do practice questions, mark them and then find more questions on anything you find difficult and do those and mark them too. Past papers are great too (www.getrevising.com has loads) but you need to make sure that you mark them harshly- better too harsh than too lenient! This is what I did for Sciences, maths and French at GCSE and came out with 8s and 9s in all of them so it really does work. It does take a lot of time, though, I'm afraid.
For physics, there is a 21 physics equations song on youtube that might help you... I always jsut used to play it on repeat whenever I was going anywhere so in the exam if I couldn't remember and equation I could just sing through it in my head until I got to the right one.

I hope everything goes well for you!

Quick Reply

Latest