The Student Room Group

Native American man harassed by a group of MAGA kids

This headline has been trending for a while now. There is a video showing a group of young boys supposedly harassing a war veteran (Mr Phillips). Apparently these boys came from a religious school yet they continuously chanted "build a wall" at the veteran.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46935701

However recent speculations show that the events were actually misrepresented. Instead people are stating that Mr Phillips was actually provoking the children who could've only been victimized due to their MAGA hats. Recent news stories have labelled the news as fake.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/nick-sandmann-native-american-maga-protest_us_5c452fa7e4b027c3bbc2f869
https://www.thisisinsider.com/video-native-american-protestors-mocked-by-catholic-high-school-group-2019-1
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/maga-hat-donald-trump-native-american-covington-catholic-nathan-phillips-black-muslims-a8737186.html

So is it because the boys were white and their positioning made it seem as if they were harassing the veteran even though Mr Phillips approached the children? Is this another 'left wing agenda' led event? Is it fair for the media to expose their faces and schools due to their right wing beliefs? Some journalists claim that the kids never chanted build a wall in the first place.

Or were these events accurately represented?
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Respect and dignity are two words sadly lacking in this situition. There is little else to say . Disgraceful .
Watch the video. Mr Phillips walks up to a group of college guys, starts making his way into the group until he comes up to the guy smiling who doesn't move. Somehow they're all harassing Mr Phillips. Yep. Nevermind a Phillips supporter saying that white people should "go back to Europe". Nope, no mention of that.
Yet another "hate crime" story that circulated social media which turned out to be not what it seemed because people jumped to conclusions based on little evidence. The press is just as much to blame. How many millions of people have been misled because journalists can apparently no longer do their jobs properly and care more about political narrative than fact? Time and time again...
Why do the people of the Anglosphere have to use these abbreviation acronyms everywhere.One can't understand any news or recent regulation without visiting many websites instead of one.
Original post by Dandaman1
Yet another "hate crime" story that circulated social media which turned out to be not what it seemed because people jumped to conclusions based on little evidence. The press is just as much to blame. How many millions of people have been misled because journalists can apparently no longer do their jobs properly and care more about political narrative than fact? Time and time again...

They're more common than the actual hate crimes. I now presume the story is BS until proven otherwise.
BREAKING NEWS WHITE BOY STANDS AND SMILES SMUGLY AT 'NATIVE' AMERICAN.

I love how people bring up 'native' American like it actually means anything If this was a Christian man who was singing some hymn and a bunch of lefties were around him pretending to sing or smiling at him there would be no outrage. It is also hilarious that the left think that antifa are ok despite surrounding peaceful conservatives with masks and bats, signs and communist flags yet when a bunch of American teens do what? stand around and smile sure a big smug but who cares.

the outrage from the left has been far too much doxxing him, saying they want to kill him, it is clear that these communists are dangerous and popular. Very funny that native rights are always shouted about but when the right complain about the rights of natives due to immigration we are racist
One 11-minute video of the confrontation shows the Haka dance and students loudly chanting before Phillips and Frejo approached them.
Frejo said he joined Phillips to defuse the situation, singing the anthem from the American Indian Movement with both men beating out the tempo on hand drums.
Although he feared a mob mentality that could turn ugly, Frejo said he was at peace singing despite the scorn. He briefly felt something special happen as they repeatedly sang the tune.
"They went from mocking us and laughing at us to singing with us. I heard it three times," Frejo said. "That spirit moved through us, that drum, and it slowly started to move through some of those youths."
Eventually a calm fell over the group of students and they broke up and walked away.
Lefties suck, with their emotionally manipulative crap. Scum of the earth.
Actress and activist Alyssa Milano tweeted that the footage "brought me to tears," while actor Chris Evans tweeted that the students' actions were "appalling" and "shameful."

Yuk.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by AperfectBalance
BREAKING NEWS WHITE BOY STANDS AND SMILES SMUGLY AT 'NATIVE' AMERICAN.

I love how people bring up 'native' American like it actually means anything If this was a Christian man who was singing some hymn and a bunch of lefties were around him pretending to sing or smiling at him there would be no outrage. It is also hilarious that the left think that antifa are ok despite surrounding peaceful conservatives with masks and bats, signs and communist flags yet when a bunch of American teens do what? stand around and smile sure a big smug but who cares.

the outrage from the left has been far too much doxxing him, saying they want to kill him, it is clear that these communists are dangerous and popular. Very funny that native rights are always shouted about but when the right complain about the rights of natives due to immigration we are racist

"He's just standing there... Menacingly!"

The boys were arguably the ones being harassed by the gentlemen beating the drums up in their faces and yelling at them. But the media just went ahead and said it was the complete opposite.

The media will then move on to the next alleged "hate incident" and fan the flames once more. There is a reason why people think Trump's America is a hotbed of hate crime and racism despite being statistically lower than it was under Clinton and even Obama. It's because of BS stories like this and the media's constant lying.
Original post by zhog
Yuk.

Righties suck, with their emotionally manipulative crap. Scum of the earth.

This sounds very familiar...
Reply 10
I'm still confused as to what happened nor can I make a judgement of who the aggressor was...
From what I read the kids in the maga hats were having an argument with another bunch of kids and the Native American vet came in between them and started doing some traditional song thag was supposed to be about peace or whatever
All I would say to anybody posting on here if you don't want to look naive and foolish is hold your tongue and give it 24 hours.

This story is going to be looked back on as the one piece of fake news that opened people's eyes to the truth of the mainstream Media.
Original post by Just my opinion
All I would say to anybody posting on here if you don't want to look naive and foolish is hold your tongue and give it 24 hours.

This story is going to be looked back on as the one piece of fake news that opened people's eyes to the truth of the mainstream Media.

You are right in terms of this is far overblown and that it is another example of the communists lying to the public, you are wrong to think that this will change how any of them act or how they are seen by the public (as kind and wanting 'equality') this story will fade away and no one will be care, teaching a communist is like trying teach a brick how to do maths and changing the public opinion of communists is just as hard 100s of millions of deaths and no success has surely not made most think twice
Original post by MQE99
I'm still confused as to what happened nor can I make a judgement of who the aggressor was...

A lot of claims on one side, propagated by parts of the media, and a piece of filming that doesn't corroborate a single one of them. It's done for the sake of confusing people, that's what is really important about it.
They're becoming easier and easier to pick off, that's two big ones in a week. Are they losing their bearings or something?

Naturally, when Trump denounces them they all unite in outrage. Fake news, moi? Mummy...
(edited 5 years ago)
The Facebook comments on this story were shocking . So much outrage but no one was even able to tell why.

I wonder when all the braindead sheep will wake from their slumber.
Reply 17
The same school a few years ago:

1548147004029.jpg

https://twitter.com/Monument_Mag/status/1087390205185650688?s=19

A clue, ignore the one shouting in the player's face and look around...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury

Patriotic School High Spirits, and the dirty old sex offender guy had a DRUM! without a licence!

Nothing eerily similar to the Hitler Youth going on here folks, nothing at all. :redface:
Original post by Doonesbury

1548147004029.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

A photo of some kids at the school being racist 5 years ago (assuming it is indeed what it looks like) doesn't really change the fact the media blatantly misrepresented what occurred recently, does it?

Quick Reply

Latest