The Student Room Group

I need help with an epq idea

I am in year 12 and I have decided to take part in the epq programme next year and I was wondering whether this idea would be both fine and appropriate to discuss about. My topic will be on “whether prisoners should be able to vote”.

What can I write about this topic? Do I just add facts or do I need to use research articles ?

Thank you would really appreciate the help
Original post by Student200112
I am in year 12 and I have decided to take part in the epq programme next year and I was wondering whether this idea would be both fine and appropriate to discuss about. My topic will be on “whether prisoners should be able to vote”.

What can I write about this topic? Do I just add facts or do I need to use research articles ?

Thank you would really appreciate the help

I think that topic would be super interesting, an open argument is a great idea for an EPQ and discussing both sides fairly with a backed up conclusion will definitely get you a good grade. For information you need a mixture of sources - articles, books, research data. The more different types of sources the better.

You could also create a questionnaire to ask people on their opinion as primary data is always good. If you have a teacher who looks over your EPQ, you should suggest this topic and see what they think about.

The important parts of the EPQ are the log book and reaching a conclusion which was made purely due to your research. The activity log contains the most amount of marks (more than essay) so make sure to fill it up as you go along the project, also mention things that aren’t going so well in it too, because that’ll secure you some marks if you can show how you’ve combated the problems you’re facing.
Thank you so much - really appreciate it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending