The Student Room Group

Always getting cockblocked on nightout

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I’m not ugly, just not the best looking, there’s a difference and never had any luck online.

People in clubs are generally speaking the most shallow people on earth so really unless you're good looking (and if you were you know you would be as girls would be approaching you) there's not a lot of point wasting you time and energy there. Also family members saying you're good looking doesn't count lol. They're your family; they will say that. Speaking from a womans point of view if you're getting 'cockblocked' by 'ugly feminist friends' it's because the girl you're approaching finds you unattractive and has sent a signal to their friend to be rescued. It seems with this attitude you have more than just your looks to work on
OP, you come across as angry, desperate and hostile towards women with a low opinion of them and a tendency to objectify them. Not many women will be attracted to that, and it's also a recipe for failure in any actual relationship.

As others have said, sort yourself out first. Get support for mental health - yours - and focus on things that you like and that interest you. Women are not objects to be "got". They are people, with needs, feelings, and wishes just like you. Sort yourself out first, then you will be ready for a relationship, not before.
Original post by Going Back
OP, you come across as angry, desperate and hostile towards women with a low opinion of them and a tendency to objectify them. Not many women will be attracted to that, and it's also a recipe for failure in any actual relationship.

As others have said, sort yourself out first. Get support for mental health - yours - and focus on things that you like and that interest you. Women are not objects to be "got". They are people, with needs, feelings, and wishes just like you. Sort yourself out first, then you will be ready for a relationship, not before.

How am I supposed consider their needs, feelings and wishes if they would, not just women but people I general would never consider mine. Women never liked me before I came out with my low opinion on them, for years before I suffered in silence. I thought when it comes mental health you should never be ashamed to come forward with your problems but thank you even though for your constructive criticism I highly respect you for but also linking mental health to this.

Just put yourself in my shoes that you’re a 24 year old man that never had women tell you that you’re attractive or never had feelings and you watch all your family members, friends and your enemies come in and come out of relationships? At one point in my late teens I had thoughts popping my cloggs but I’m glad I don’t think that way anymore.
Original post by CityofMud
Talk to girls who are the same as you in terms of looks then

I had women from diverse of looks speak but not as trying to chat me up, just like general getting served at a till or checking in a hotel.
Reply 84
You serious?

No I'm not serious, I'm not looking to make you feel any worse than you already do, or show everyone on here who I am, but I am good looking, there's no reason for me to lie on TSR. I don't intend on getting girls from here
I had women from diverse of looks speak but not as trying to chat me up, just like general getting served at a till or checking in a hotel.

Clearly they’re not going to ignore if you’re a customer lol
Original post by CityofMud
Clearly they’re not going to ignore if you’re a customer lol

I'm beginning to think OP is a troll.... Or just plain daft
Definitely no troll, trolls make up stories, this is not a made up story, it actually happened.
Original post by marshallbrown
Tootles I think we all are desperate until we find someone, I won't say he is desperate because every human being is looking for love, even people say that hugging a tree is good for your health it releases stress then obviously hugging and kissing your opposite sex will surely do, so when you don't get anyone to do that you automatically get stressed and desperate.

If you'd like a halfway house to sort of help tootles' point a little bit, there's a distinction to be drawn between standard mild lacking-relationship peril, and active desperation where one is chasing everything that moves whilst also being deeply stressed about the whole affair and the actions they make are subetly screaming "dear god please just anyone"

I'd presume ol toots means something more toward the latter seeing as it's the latter that turns people off.
Original post by AnharM
There are definitely leagues.

Subjectivity only counts for a little. For example, no girl would think a guy is 10/10 if he is a 3/10 in general, and if he thinks he's a 3/10.

He might even overestimate his looks too. Generally speaking, uglier looking guys will overestimate how good looking they are, and good looking guys would tend to underestimate it. Sometimes I definitely feel like my face is 8/10, but I don't want to come off like I'm vain, so I'd say I'm 7/10. Some girls would think I'm perfect looking, but I'd just brush it off and say thank you.

He thinks he's a 5/10, but he might be overestimating his looks and girls would probably think he's a 3/10 in general. I don't see how a single girl would find him a 10/10. So yes, subjectivity counts, but only a tiny factor in terms of looks.

Based on your own post earlier subjectivity can apparently count for a maximum of 3 points different, so if he is an "in general" 3/10 (ignoring the fact that this thought of yours isn't very well erm... thought) that would mean some girls out there will at least see my man as a 6, which is one point better than what he sees himself as.

Given your whole over/underestimation theory (which almost entirely nukes the concept of self esteem and obliterates modern psychological understanding of such, but hey ho) there is some degree of standard deviation, but if we assume your maximum range of error is 3 points, and that OP is "in general" (so his mean value? idk I failed stats) a 3/10 then it stands to reason that some girls somewhere would reasonably assume him to be as he says (a 5/10), with some even possibly thinking he's a strong 6.

If we assume some girls in the club will assume he is a 6, and then assume that people in the club get as hammered on drink as I do and that it effects their standards in a similar way, then OP shouldn't have much of a problem finding somebody willing to smash. I'd go for a 6 after 7 pints. It's also interesting to note that you haven't explained how the attractiveness of who he goes for is at all relevant, which seems to be core to the whole application of leagues as a concept. Do more (on average) attractive girls become somehow miraculously more harsh on their grading of others? Is their standard deviation and margin of error lower? Does alcohol magically affect their inhibitions less than it would in an uglier individual?

You've raised a lot of questions, and at the very least it's becoming quite clear that you don't entirely follow your own theory in practice, given the issues that it raises and the fact that it would technically imply that OP is in with a chance with any girl at least some of the time. SO, with all that in mind, would it therefore not be easier to assume that leagues are a kind of ******** concept that nobody should take that seriously?
Rather than seeking a grand theory of relationships and why aren't girls giving you the time of day you should probably get real.

You want to go from 0 - 600. You have no real friends or hobbies or it seems real respect for women yet you want sex NOW and to be loved NOW. You cannot build anything this way. You have to start right from the bottom.

If you're depressed see a therapist (you sound like you are). If you want to be more attractive do some exercise and get a job, get a hobby too. If you want to build relationships and get close to women, realise they're people and start getting friends first, by taking a genuine interest in others.
Sometimes you need to just wait and try to make friends first i promise it works that or maybe it isnt meant for you to be with someone right now
Original post by Tootles
I take it you're in your early twenties and therefore know everything?

You are still in not a mood to understand so leave it boy
Problem is the OP is trying to do stuff which requires prerequisites; job/wealth and health (go down the gym).
Original post by marshallbrown
You are still in not a mood to understand so leave it boy

:lol: who do you think you're talking to?
Original post by Tootles
:lol: who do you think you're talking to?

Don't know :tongue:
Reply 95
Original post by Retired_Messiah

Based on your own post earlier subjectivity can apparently count for a maximum of 3 points different, so if he is an "in general" 3/10 (ignoring the fact that this thought of yours isn't very well erm... thought) that would mean some girls out there will at least see my man as a 6, which is one point better than what he sees himself as.

Given your whole over/underestimation theory (which almost entirely nukes the concept of self esteem and obliterates modern psychological understanding of such, but hey ho) there is some degree of standard deviation, but if we assume your maximum range of error is 3 points, and that OP is "in general" (so his mean value? idk I failed stats) a 3/10 then it stands to reason that some girls somewhere would reasonably assume him to be as he says (a 5/10), with some even possibly thinking he's a strong 6.

If we assume some girls in the club will assume he is a 6, and then assume that people in the club get as hammered on drink as I do and that it effects their standards in a similar way, then OP shouldn't have much of a problem finding somebody willing to smash. I'd go for a 6 after 7 pints. It's also interesting to note that you haven't explained how the attractiveness of who he goes for is at all relevant, which seems to be core to the whole application of leagues as a concept. Do more (on average) attractive girls become somehow miraculously more harsh on their grading of others? Is their standard deviation and margin of error lower? Does alcohol magically affect their inhibitions less than it would in an uglier individual?

You've raised a lot of questions, and at the very least it's becoming quite clear that you don't entirely follow your own theory in practice, given the issues that it raises and the fact that it would technically imply that OP is in with a chance with any girl at least some of the time. SO, with all that in mind, would it therefore not be easier to assume that leagues are a kind of ******** concept that nobody should take that seriously?

You've basically taken one tiny portion of my post and commented on it with four whole paragraphs. This is why you also don't get laid a lot.

But...to carry on with the conversation, I never once stated not a single woman in the world would find him a 6/10, for example. I've seen very pretty girls get with very average or below average looking guys. But...he's still pulled out of his league. We have a phrase for it, "punching above your weight".

The point of it all is that, statistically speaking, he has a much higher chance of being rejected than pulling her. Now of course, you only need 1 yes from a hot girl for you to finally be happy, but "my man" here, can't accept rejection. So to become far more successful with women, he should approach women who are in his league in terms of looks, because the probability of success increases.

The bold section of your reply is basically rape. You're basically saying "wait for them to get smashed enough so that she can't think properly and she thinks you're hot", this is rape. This is ridiculous. You're basically saying he should be a predator and seek women when they are most vulnerable, and the people who liked your comment should be ashamed.
(edited 5 years ago)
First of all when I try to approach women every time I go for a nightout I usually receive f*** off signals like women discretely moving to the otherside of the room, I’ve had them swift their hands forward telling me to shoo like I’m some dog even one woman last night told me to stay away from her and what’s ironic I didn’t had any intentions approaching her in the first place since she did seem to like to be left alone. I’m not the most confident and not the best looking guy out there since no girl ever had a physical or romantic level. I understand that you can’t force someone to find you attractive or like you but just imagine if a man rejected a women that tried to approach him and he didn’t find her attractive then he’d be lebrler worst then Hitler.

When I do successfully approach a woman, every time, their girl friend (usually some unattractive looking feminist) clockblocks by pulling her away from me then I get the typical shoo shoo like I’m some f*ckboy but I assure you a socially inept virgin like myself is not. I understand that women would cockblock for the interest of protecting their girl friends from being taken the advantage or it’s down envy because they know deep down that they are the least attractive friend and no guy would look at them twice. Whatever the reason, I’m pretty sure the individual could speak for herself.

Excuse the feeling sorry for myself but I’m sick of suffering a pain of loneliness Of never once coming close to coming to having a partner and still embarrassed about being a virgin still in my 20s. Everyone around me all have partners, expect for me. For the past 7 years I been patronised with the same bs with the “your time will come soon” “there’s someone out there for everybody”, “don’t worry you’ll find someone soon” but still no luck.

I understand it absolutely sucks not having a girlfriend when all your friends do as I'm in a similar situation right now, but believe me when I say this, if you experience other things that make you feel good, you won't feel that way as much. In fact, during my Freshers Week last September, I was having such a great time being away from my parents for the first time, meeting new people and going out, I wasn't that fussed about being in a relationship. I did experience c**kblocking in nightclubs but it didn't bother me at the time since I was just enjoying myself. It's just a shame that week came to an end as I hardly ever get invited out anymore.

So my advice would be to meet women in places other than nightclubs, and focus on getting to know people just as friends rather than rushing into a relationship. Sometimes being good friends with someone can be much better than being in a relationship as it avoids the potential awkwardness that can happen if things don't go as planned. I would also recommend seeing a counsellor as they will understand the way you feel.
Original post by AnharM
The bold section of your reply is basically rape. You're basically saying "wait for them to get smashed enough so that she can't think properly and she thinks you're hot", this is rape. This is ridiculous. You're basically saying he should be a predator and seek women when they are most vulnerable, and the people who liked your comment should be ashamed.

tfw all you did was remember that most people in clubs are drunk but get accused of advocating for rape for bringing up said fact.
Not the best and same for facial expressions, don’t understand what impressions I give out people. If I give out negative vibes towards a girl, it’s uniention since not that the suitable ability to understand my own but also other people’s body language and facial expressions.

You don't have to smile too much, more about whether you are showing needy behaviour. Needy behaviour is what creeps out chicks
Its sad that you feel lonely. :frown:

Don't be.

Shift your focus in life from finding a partner to other things, like your academics, your career, your fitness. You'll find when you shift your focus from relationships, relationships shift their focus to you. You'll find more people being attracted to you.

Its sad that we live in a society where men are put in postions that expose them to rejection whilst women are protected from this sort of thing. Thats not right. I think this hurts men a lot. It puts them down. It needs to change. I think both women and men need to share this burden together.

In regard to your issue, you might want to consider looking for relationships in places other than nightclubs. Nightclubs are not a place where people tend to generally find good relationships. They're loud, full of people that are drugged up and intoxicated. Its not a place you go to find healthy relationships.

Let me tell you a secret that no women would ever share with you that will help improve your prospects with women. The more attention you give women the less they become attracted to you. Give them less attention and they will work harder for your attention. Attention is a very affective currency among women. When we do not have enough of it we want more so we work for more and when we do get a lot of it we become jaded and disinterested. The second thing you need to note is that women want success and strength in men. The more successful you are, the wealthier you are the more attractive you are to women. You must work to achieve these gaols. If you study Medicine, drive a BMW and are buff you are going to have better prospects with women than if you were say a cashier at tescos that travels to and from work everyday using the public transport service. Also, the more dominant you are in society and in your social characteristics the more attarctive you will be to women.

Its not just guys that struggle finding a partner, women struggle too. There are lots of women in your position as well.

Feminism does seem to be significantly populated by unattrractive individuals more so on the inside than on the outside. They do kind of, a lot of them, have issues with aggression and entitlement. Just avoid them the best you can.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending