should I resist maths GCSE? Watch

safia.200
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I really want to get into medicine .My grades are great and I've got 7s 8s and 9s for most of them .I'm doing biology ,chemistry and physics at A level .maths has always been my weakest subject .when I found out I got a 5 I wasn't surprised.i tried really hard and revised but I was never really good at maths .Whilst browsing entry requirements for medicine ,I found out that most universities required a 6 or above in maths .do you think I should resist maths ?
thekidwhogames
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I would resit Maths in that case to get at least a 7 ideally.
1pikapikachu
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah go for it. You can do better knowing you got 9,8 and 7. Just revise every day and you will get there.

Unless you're doing foundation maths then you can get the highest of a 5, idk which one youre doing. But if you doing higher then go for it.
safia.200
Rep:
?
I will be definitely doing higher .I'll talk to my teacher about it tomorrow.this has given me confidence .thanks!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
studentttt1234
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by safia.200)
I really want to get into medicine .My grades are great and I've got 7s 8s and 9s for most of them .I'm doing biology ,chemistry and physics at A level .maths has always been my weakest subject .when I found out I got a 5 I wasn't surprised.i tried really hard and revised but I was never really good at maths .Whilst browsing entry requirements for medicine ,I found out that most universities required a 6 or above in maths .do you think I should resist maths ?
I'm debating this as well, as I only got a 5 in maths and the Uni's i'd love to go to require a 6. I'm really not sure if I can get any higher to as I always struggled with maths and took foundation.
safia.200
Rep:
?
I think we should both go for it .i don't want to do anything else other than medicine .Maths is hard but I figured if I had started revising earlier i would've definitely gotten a 6 or higher .I understood everything but the problem was time .
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
acceIeration
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
lol if i was u i would be happy af with a 5
studentttt1234
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by safia.200)
I think we should both go for it .i don't want to do anything else other than medicine .Maths is hard but I figured if I had started revising earlier i would've definitely gotten a 6 or higher .I understood everything but the problem was time .
I'm still debaiting it as I'm now debating whteher to go to Uni at all. I have found courses at uni's i'd want to go to that doesn't require a 6. But good luck if you do retake it!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (81)
14.16%
Yes - a food allergy (60)
10.49%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.62%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (15)
2.62%
No (401)
70.1%

Watched Threads