The Student Room Group

When did you start revising for A-levels? & What was your revision plan?

When did you start revising for A-levels? & What was your revision plan?
Tbh I haven’t even started revising for my ALevels yet.
I’m in year thirteen and I’m feel like I’m drained and am lacking all motivation.

I got AAC for AS. But I think AS was just easy because I only revised a couple days before the exams.
I know ALevels are different because all of the mocks I’ve done I’ve gotten Cs and Ds which is terrible since I’m predicted A*A*B and applied to unis with high requirements.

I mean tomorrow is the start of mock week for me and I haven’t even looked at a textbook this weekend. I’ve got a psychology exam tomorrow and psychology is my worst subject (got a C in AS) and I haven’t even started revising.

This is probably not very helpful for you. I was just ranting and thinking how much of a mess I am.
I’m probably gonna have to stay up tonight to try and revise. I think that works because I did that for one of my exams for AS and got an A.

Oh and for revision literally all I do is write notes. I just read from multiple sources of information (multiple textbooks and online) then condense all that information. I do that for all of my topics in the subject then repeat.
Probably not an efficient way to revise but I hate attempting to memorise things. I just try to understand a topic as well as possible then it just pops into my head during exams.
Original post by Rhodesian
Tbh I haven’t even started revising for my ALevels yet.
I’m in year thirteen and I’m feel like I’m drained and am lacking all motivation.

I got AAC for AS. But I think AS was just easy because I only revised a couple days before the exams.
I know ALevels are different because all of the mocks I’ve done I’ve gotten Cs and Ds which is terrible since I’m predicted A*A*B and applied to unis with high requirements.

I mean tomorrow is the start of mock week for me and I haven’t even looked at a textbook this weekend. I’ve got a psychology exam tomorrow and psychology is my worst subject (got a C in AS) and I haven’t even started revising.

This is probably not very helpful for you. I was just ranting and thinking how much of a mess I am.
I’m probably gonna have to stay up tonight to try and revise. I think that works because I did that for one of my exams for AS and got an A.

Oh and for revision literally all I do is write notes. I just read from multiple sources of information (multiple textbooks and online) then condense all that information. I do that for all of my topics in the subject then repeat.
Probably not an efficient way to revise but I hate attempting to memorise things. I just try to understand a topic as well as possible then it just pops into my head during exams.

What subjects do u take?
Original post by Switch01
What subjects do u take?

History, psychology and RS
So pretty easy subjects. Except I’m terrible at psychology.
History, psychology and RS
So pretty easy subjects. Except I’m terrible at psychology.

I get the feeling of no motivation, but listen u still have time, u can change a lot in a few days (like u did in AS). Id try everything in u to just get up and study.
Also what unis have u gotten offers from?
I get the feeling of no motivation, but listen u still have time, u can change a lot in a few days (like u did in AS). Id try everything in u to just get up and study.
Also what unis have u gotten offers from?

I really haven’t gotten any good offers yet.
Got offer from university of Law and Kent which I don’t want to go to.
Got rejected from Leeds but I never wanted to go there anyway.
Just waiting for Warwick and Durham but I’ll be fine going either.
And if don’t get either I’ll just take a gap year and reapply with my ALevels.

I do try to study but everyone I try to get some work done, my mind wonders and I give up. I haven’t even been able to do hw. I’ve been coming up with excuses, rushing before lesson time and plagiarising.
Idk what’s wrong with me this year. I think I did well in AS because I actually listened in class and wrote notes. Now I don’t listen in lesson and I don’t write anything either. I’m always just waiting for the lesson to be over.

My friends are forcing me to revise though which is nice. But most of the time I don’t go to our revision sessions because I can’t be bothered to leave my room.
I really haven’t gotten any good offers yet.
Got offer from university of Law and Kent which I don’t want to go to.
Got rejected from Leeds but I never wanted to go there anyway.
Just waiting for Warwick and Durham but I’ll be fine going either.
And if don’t get either I’ll just take a gap year and reapply with my ALevels.

I do try to study but everyone I try to get some work done, my mind wonders and I give up. I haven’t even been able to do hw. I’ve been coming up with excuses, rushing before lesson time and plagiarising.
Idk what’s wrong with me this year. I think I did well in AS because I actually listened in class and wrote notes. Now I don’t listen in lesson and I don’t write anything either. I’m always just waiting for the lesson to be over.

My friends are forcing me to revise though which is nice. But most of the time I don’t go to our revision sessions because I can’t be bothered to leave my room.

I completely feel u man. U got rejected from Leeds even after being predicted A*A*B?! Thats insane. Did u not have many extra curriculars or something or do u think u just got unlucky. Good luck on getting into the other unis
I completely feel u man. U got rejected from Leeds even after being predicted A*A*B?! Thats insane. Did u not have many extra curriculars or something or do u think u just got unlucky. Good luck on getting into the other unis

Idk why I got rejected. I sent them an email asking them why but they haven’t replied yet.

I think it’s because of the B because their requirements are AAA.

Thanks for the luck😀

Quick Reply

Latest