Will I get an offer? Watch

carlota_sainz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi! I'm a 17 y/o Spanish student, currently taking the IB and the Spanish Bachillerato at the same time. I have applied for a place in the Universities of Glasgow, Edinburgh, Strathclyde, Dundee and Aberdeen (ordered according to my preference).

The courses are Biotechnology and Biomedical Engineering.

My predicted grades were 36/45 in IB and 9'2 out of 10 for the Spanish Bachillerato. I also have 3 IGCSE titles (AAB) but I don't think that's relevant.

Could I get an offer of any of those Universities as an EU student?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by carlota_sainz; 4 weeks ago
swanseajack1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by carlota_sainz)
Hi! I'm a 17 y/o Spanish student, currently taking the IB and the Spanish Bachillerato at the same time. I have applied for a place in the Universities of Glasgow, Edinburgh, Strathclyde, Dundee and Aberdeen (ordered according to my preference).

The courses are Biotechnology and Biomedical Engineering.

My predicted grades were 36/45 in IB and 9'2 out of 10 for the Spanish Bachillerato. I also have 3 IGCSE titles (AAB) but I don't think that's relevant.

Could I get an offer of any of those Universities as an EU student?
Scottish universities are difficult to get into for EU students. Beacuse they pay no fees there is a quota system that makes it difficult to get in. I dont know whether or not you will get in but it is something to be aware of.
carlota_sainz
Rep:
?
Hi! Thanks for answering Well, I was aware but It is kind of contradictory since most universities say they are looking forward having international students
Last edited by carlota_sainz; 4 weeks ago
Admit-One
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Taking the Bachillerato and IB seems a bit counterproductive, most UK institutions will accept the IB by itself. Were you advised to complete both?
swanseajack1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by carlota_sainz)
Hi! Thanks for answering Well, I was aware but It is kind of contradictory since most universities say they are looking forward having international students
International non EC is totally different in that they pay huge fees about £15000 per year but because of EC rules EC students pay the same as home students which in Scotland is free. UK students pay £9000 to study there so EC students are a problem for Scottish universities. In England EC students pay the same as English students £9000. Because of the lack of fees in Scotland more EC students apply there and they have strict quotas.
carlota_sainz
Rep:
?
It is in fact slightly counterproductive since the contents are twice as many as if I studied only one of them. Therefore the grades of everyone who does this are usually lower. However they won't accept some of my IB HL subjects because they are Literature and English (and Biology), while I'm required Maths and Physics. I hope they take into account I studied both programs and accept Bachillerato Maths and Physics.
carlota_sainz
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Update: for the moment I have only been answered by one of the universities. Glasgow rejected my application since I don't study Physics. Does someone know If I could fix this, maybe doing a test or so?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (7)
11.29%
Yes - a food allergy (5)
8.06%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (3)
4.84%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (4)
6.45%
No (43)
69.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed