May’s Monday return to the dispatch box Watch

paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I find it very instructive the lack of leaks in the media today as to what May will say this week.

If I had to put money on it she is going back to Brussels to ask for the removal of the backstop for a 2nd vote on her deal.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by paul514)
I find it very instructive the lack of leaks in the media today as to what May will say this week.

If I had to put money on it she is going back to Brussels to ask for the removal of the backstop for a 2nd vote on her deal.
I agree. The Irish, both North and South, will come on board if the entire UK agrees to stay in something that must not be called a Customs Union.
The Republic will tell Brussels that it is willing to do a side deal that gets rid of the need for the Backstop.

The Customs Union by any other name shouldn't be acceptable to the ERG and wouldn't have been until last week; but they are starting to wake up and smell the coffee that it is this or no Brexit. The question is will enough come on board? I think "no" but one can see why May would convince herself that they would.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (49)
9.37%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.68%
No, but I want to start (188)
35.95%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.33%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.68%