My timetable tell me if its ok Watch

harjot.nijjar
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Soi recently made myself a GCSE time table (stressing a lot right now)

I need your opinion on if its good or not.

Monday- History
Tuesday- Geography
Wednesday- English language
thursday- English literature
friday- maths
saturday- maths, and science
sunday maths and science ( and revise what i have done in the past week)

Tell me if its good i will be doing 4 hrs each subject and on the weekend more.
If you think i can improve give me tips
hxg101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
that’s a lot to do, will you be able to stick to it
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
KimY5t
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Give yourself a day off on Sunday. Instead of just putting which subject you're going to revise, put specifically what you will revise. For example, In the 3 weeks leading up to my English Literature exam, I revised one poem per day and had planned which poem on which day (got incredibly lucky that the poem that came up in the exam was the one I had revised the night before). 4 hours is a bit excessive, so maybe 2 hours per night, have a day specifically for homework. You really don't want to burn yourself out already.
MinaBee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'd definitely try and add a rest day in there or a day where you only do an hour or so or else you're just going to end up burning out.
Dannyboy2015
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Bloody hell it is GCSE. Who spends that much time studying???? Take a break. Heck take a break every other day.
casual_ravenclaw
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by harjot.nijjar)
Soi recently made myself a GCSE time table (stressing a lot right now)

I need your opinion on if its good or not.

Monday- History
Tuesday- Geography
Wednesday- English language
thursday- English literature
friday- maths
saturday- maths, and science
sunday maths and science ( and revise what i have done in the past week)

Tell me if its good i will be doing 4 hrs each subject and on the weekend more.
If you think i can improve give me tips
too much time on english in my opinion. I would spend more time on sciences but idk what sciences you do. if you do all three then they will take up a lot of time trust me. Do sciences on Wed and Thurs and then move english to sunday along with the review of everything you did that week.
Are these the only GCSEs you do??? what abt languages and stuff like that? Make sure you include all of your subjects. looks great tho honestly doesnt matter that much as long as you do some work
ShanePotticary14
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That's way too much revision for GCSE's my dude. Youre gonna end up stressing too much over summer if you feel like you have revised enough and panic about results day. Do about 2 hours a day for about 6 days a week and do 2 subjects in that time, not one. That's what I did and got pretty high grades so yeah.
Nihilisticb*tch
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't think you need to do 4 hours on an evening but if you feel like you can keep to that then go ahead. I would suggest having a day off on one of those days as I found with my GCSEs that not having a day off took a toll on my mental health. I would also suggest not revising only one subject each day as I think you might get too bored doing one subject for 4 hours. It might be better to split that 4 hours up into different subjects so for example doing 1 hour or English then 1 hour of history etc. It might help give you more variety. Also if you think for example with history, you will revise history on Monday and then next time you revise it it will be a whole week since you last revised it which I think might cause problems.
harjot.nijjar
Rep:
?
thanks everyone who replied you honestly helped someone who’s really stressed
harjot.nijjar
Rep:
?
I did my other exams in yr 10 so I only have these left to do
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The perfect revision is different for everyone, so none of us can really say whether you're right or wrong. Personally, though, I wouldn't want to be studying the same subject for four hours - just like you wouldn't have a four hour lesson at school. I would rather do it blocks of, say, an hour - so when I'm studying my least favourite subjects or modules I know the most I have to do is an hour. It keeps the mind fresh.

The only time I strayed from this was when I was doing past papers, at which point my sessions for each subject would be as long as it took to do the paper (to a maximum of the time allowed for the exam). When I was just at the revision stage I blocked it into hour long sessions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (66)
8.05%
I used to but I don't now (23)
2.8%
No, but I want to start (303)
36.95%
No, I am unable to (203)
24.76%
No, I chose not to (225)
27.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise