No confidence Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm not sure if this is the best forum to post in but it seemed the most appropriate.

I'm studying a PGCE and I'm really lacking confidence to speak in front of my class. I taught my first PE lesson this week and it went so well, I was so confident and didn't need any planning. In the classroom teaching maths and English, however, my confidence just isn't there.

My class teacher is very stern so is always sat observing me which I don't think helps but as that won't change, I don't know how to get over my confidence issue.

Any tips/readings/videos that might help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
KimNoel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
maybe try to do it in a couple of friends to try so they could give u more tips in how to keep calm also i would try and look at different examples on how to do this, maybe u like a more practical approach in subjects.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you don't feel confident, fake it. Someone said something very wise on Who Dares Wins SAS training last night. They said something along the lines of, "You never conquer your fears. You just find a way of managing them." I instantly thought about teaching. A lot of what we do is pretty scary. We have the future of the next generation in our hands to be moulded and shaped. It is scary stuff with loads of responsibility and pressure. That isn't going to go away so you just have to stick a steel rod down your spine and get on with it.

That's all I can offer really. You are outside your comfort zone. Only you can prevent yourself from drowning. Hang on in there!

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (97)
14.85%
Yes - a food allergy (71)
10.87%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (16)
2.45%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (18)
2.76%
No (451)
69.07%

Watched Threads