Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
i am an introvert

i cannot speak in front of a camera

i cannot speak in front of 30 students

i cannot speak for 5 minutes.

WHY DO WE HAVE TO DO AN ENGLISH SPEAKING EXAM???????
RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ik, sorry
Azeee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Precisely for those reasons I would imagine. Exams aren't based on what kind of person you are :lol:
Nihilisticb*tch
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi I did the English speaking exam last year and like you I am an introvert. Only certain people have to do it in front of a camera so you most probably won't have to but it depends. Either way really it's nothing to worry about. To pass they literally just need to be able to hear you and for you to state an idea if I remember correctly. But yeah it's really easy to pass. It will be **** and you will be nervous but its five minutes of your life lol and it will be over before you know it. Just try your best. It literally doesn't matter anyway, it's like a tiny letter on your results sheet that most people won't even notice lol. No one asks for it and it won't affect your life in anyway. So yeah don't stress too much about it, even if you fail it legit won't matter.
Jumainah19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Nihilisticb*tch)
Hi I did the English speaking exam last year and like you I am an introvert. Only certain people have to do it in front of a camera so you most probably won't have to but it depends. Either way really it's nothing to worry about. To pass they literally just need to be able to hear you and for you to state an idea if I remember correctly. But yeah it's really easy to pass. It will be **** and you will be nervous but its five minutes of your life lol and it will be over before you know it. Just try your best. It literally doesn't matter anyway, it's like a tiny letter on your results sheet that most people won't even notice lol. No one asks for it and it won't affect your life in anyway. So yeah don't stress too much about it, even if you fail it legit won't matter.
ahh unfortunately its compulsary for me, but thank you for your advice <33
Hass3n7
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
make a few cue cards to help you remember you points. Record yourself- get a distinction
myst451
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
dont worry about the exam - its just an extra and if you do badly you wont have to put it anywhere on your CV/UCAS
first of all the highest grade is a distinction which is a 7,8,9 so its acc fairly easy to get top grade.
my tips are make a powerpoint with bullet points on it but dont just read off it and dont have a script.
its only 30 secs of your life youll live im an introvert too and i got a distinction so it is possible
username4310824
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It'll be over before you know it. Just try your best and you'll be fine

Good luck! :rave:
caitlinhayes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
When I did my English speaking exam in 2017 I got half way through and started crying and ran out of the room and I’m very extroverted and socially comfortable. I went to speak to my teacher after I stopped crying and we redid it without the camera and without an audience and got a pass. It’s all okay because it doesn’t even count towards you’re actual grade and everyone is ******** it. I’m not sure why introverts have this belief that all extroverts are super confident in all situations when in reality talking in front of people is terrifying for most people who aren’t used to it

Good luck, and remember if it does go wrong, you’re not the only one who’s messed up and there’s always a chance to fix it (but hopefully you smash it x)
BadManNik43
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It was pretty funny for me lol. I did my topic on India cuz i just had a geography exam on that so why not. The questions the teacher asked me were: What part of India are your friends from? Do all Indians like cricket? Do people of other Indian states resent each other?

It was surprisingly easy only because i think the teacher had no clue about the subject at all. So honestly don't worry, if your exam is anything like mine, just make sure you can just speak English and be able to answer questions coherantly.
XKangaotiCX
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jumainah19)
i am an introvert

i cannot speak in front of a camera

i cannot speak in front of 30 students

i cannot speak for 5 minutes.

WHY DO WE HAVE TO DO AN ENGLISH SPEAKING EXAM???????
You have to do it in front of your class? I feel for you, that sucks. I am cripplingly introverted, and I got to do it with 5 other introverts, and our collective shyness all made each other feel better about ourselves. Anyway, you could ask your teacher if you could do it with her/him seperately...I don't know how nice your english teacher is, but they should be able to accomodate that for you. I know it might be awkward to ask them, but that option is a whole lot better than the latter.
CindyHoshimiya
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They may be able to arrange a private one for you, pretty sure that's what happened for someone in my class. English is not my first language and I am an Asperger/INTP. Still made it with a distinction. Would you consider finding a tutor for public speaking just to prepare this a bit more?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (71)
37.77%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (18)
9.57%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.38%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (47)
25%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
13.3%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
7.98%

Watched Threads