The Student Room Group

I’m still hungry, even after i eat. Why??

Lately, I’ve been feeling hungry even after I eat. I don’t like having a massive appetite because it just makes me eat unhealthy food. I’ve eaten around 1,700 calories today. Mostly of which was one bowl of pasta,orange, a packet of crisp and a 1 slice of bread and Nutella. I’m a female btw

Scroll to see replies

Eat more then.
Doesn't sound to me like you'v eaten masses today
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Lately, I’ve been feeling hungry even after I eat. I don’t like having a massive appetite because it just makes me eat unhealthy food. I’ve eaten around 1,700 calories today. Mostly of which was one bowl of pasta,orange, a packet of crisp and a 1 slice of bread and Nutella. I’m a female btw

okay first of all that is already really unhealthy.
you eat literally zero vegetables so its no wonder you are hungry after each meal - 1,700 kcals a day of pasta crisps and nutella is not very much food compared to 1700 kcals of veg
I'm not suggesting you eat 100% veg but if you want to stop being hungry you will need to eat more veg and whole grains like weetabix, rice, quinoa, brown bread. Protein is also very filling and you will have had barely any protein all day. Try eating peas, legumes, greek yoghurt etc... not all protein has to be meat.
if you had 1,700 kcals of grains, plant based proteins and vegetables/fruits you would be really healthy and also really really full. However, obvs this is can be a bit soul destroying depending on what kind of person you are. but you asked what to do this is it!
Reply 3
Original post by casual_ravenclaw
okay first of all that is already really unhealthy.
you eat literally zero vegetables so its no wonder you are hungry after each meal - 1,700 kcals a day of pasta crisps and nutella is not very much food compared to 1700 kcals of veg
I'm not suggesting you eat 100% veg but if you want to stop being hungry you will need to eat more veg and whole grains like weetabix, rice, quinoa, brown bread. Protein is also very filling and you will have had barely any protein all day. Try eating peas, legumes, greek yoghurt etc... not all protein has to be meat.
if you had 1,700 kcals of grains, plant based proteins and vegetables/fruits you would be really healthy and also really really full. However, obvs this is can be a bit soul destroying depending on what kind of person you are. but you asked what to do this is it!

I literally eat vegetables with every meal but I’ll definitely try and incorporate more fibre and proteins in my diet x
I’m acc planning to lose weight so I thought 940 calories would help. ( I know I said 1,700 but I calculated it thinking it’ll be more but its actually less)
eat more fruits they take up hunger
carbs and sugar init.

Eat more fatty meat.

Have bacon and eggs for breakfast.

"
. Mostly of which was one bowl of pasta,orange, a packet of crisp and a 1 slice of bread and Nutella."

Of course you are still hungry. That is a measly amount of poor food. That type and amount of food should not being making you feel full.
(edited 5 years ago)
You need to be eating more, with things like nuts, fruit and veg. Protein and a good level of carbs are also necessary. The key to loosing weight is loosing it slowly and healthily. A very low calorie diet is super unhealthy. Up your activity levels with something like couch to 5k. Set yourself up to win.
Reply 7
Not active at all.
Reply 8
Original post by TheGoodNigger
eat more fruits they take up hunger

Orange has 47 calories I think. They don’t really fill me up aswell
Reply 9
Original post by EmCharles
You need to be eating more, with things like nuts, fruit and veg. Protein and a good level of carbs are also necessary. The key to loosing weight is loosing it slowly and healthily. A very low calorie diet is super unhealthy. Up your activity levels with something like couch to 5k. Set yourself up to win.

I fast so I can eat 1000 calories in a day. I break my fast at around 5Pm and stop eating at 8pm. I sleep at 10PM. Is that still unhealthy?
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
carbs and sugar init.

Eat more fatty meat.

Have bacon and eggs for breakfast.

"
. Mostly of which was one bowl of pasta,orange, a packet of crisp and a 1 slice of bread and Nutella."

Of course you are still hungry. That is a measly amount of poor food. That type and amount of food should not being making you feel full.

How about porridge? It seems like a healthier alternative to bacon and egg for breakfast

Quality over quantity. You need some good fats and protein in you.

Eat a good 12oz steak with carrots, broccoli and a couple of eggs.

You'll feel filled up for hours.
I fast so I can eat 1000 calories in a day. I break my fast at around 5Pm and stop eating at 8pm. I sleep at 10PM. Is that still unhealthy?

Honestly the occasional fast works, but not every day. Loosing weight by only decreasing calories isn't great. You need to eat a range of food, and get all the right nutrition. You will put yourself into a bad mindset. Eat the right food, probably around 1800 calories. Excersise does not have to be hard, just a good walking half an hour each day will help.
Original post by EmCharles
Honestly the occasional fast works, but not every day. Loosing weight by only decreasing calories isn't great. You need to eat a range of food, and get all the right nutrition. You will put yourself into a bad mindset. Eat the right food, probably around 1800 calories. Excersise does not have to be hard, just a good walking half an hour each day will help.

Thank you very much xx. I don’t usually exercise but I’ll definitely start walking more
well if you weigh 15 stones 1700 is nothing. check how many calories you need in a online macro calculayor
Thank you very much xx. I don’t usually exercise but I’ll definitely start walking more

Not all calories are equal. If you're filling up on empty calories like pasta, bread crisps etc you're just tripping yourself up.

I know it sounds counter-intuitive, and maybe you've heard different (misinformation), but you need more fatty meat (steak, wild salmon). Fats = NOT bad, they're essential. When you buy "low fat" and "non-fat" produce, the good fats are taken out, and replaced with sugar or even worse aspartime. Not only are you risking diabetes but they are empty calories that'll make you actually fat (unlike fat, that'll only make you fat if you're in a caloric surplus). Following?

Meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, the occasional fruit (eat fruit as you would sweets). No processed or junk food.
The best thing about this? You don't have to count calories! It's highly unlikely you'll go over 2,000 calories eating like this. Eat all the carrots, salmon and kale you like.
Not only will you feel full for longer, but you'll have high quality calories instead of empty calories, and all the nutrition your body needs.

Some form of resistance training such as calisthenics at least 3 times a week will help too.

Your weight will drop off and you'll become hot and toned.
Original post by TommyDH
Not all calories are equal. If you're filling up on empty calories like pasta, bread crisps etc you're just tripping yourself up.

I know it sounds counter-intuitive, and maybe you've heard different (misinformation), but you need more fatty meat (steak, wild salmon). Fats = NOT bad, they're essential. When you buy "low fat" and "non-fat" produce, the good fats are taken out, and replaced with sugar or even worse aspartime. Not only are you risking diabetes but they are empty calories that'll make you actually fat (unlike fat, that'll only make you fat if you're in a caloric surplus). Following?

Meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, the occasional fruit (eat fruit as you would sweets). No processed or junk food.
The best thing about this? You don't have to count calories! It's highly unlikely you'll go over 2,000 calories eating like this. Eat all the carrots, salmon and kale you like.
Not only will you feel full for longer, but you'll have high quality calories instead of empty calories, and all the nutrition your body needs.

Some form of resistance training such as calisthenics at least 3 times a week will help too.

Your weight will drop off and you'll become hot and toned.

Okay I get it. I really Thought some fats are bad for you but thank you for all that info x
Okay I get it. I really Thought some fats are bad for you but thank you for all that info x

There are some fats that are bad sure, trans fats for example. Saturated fats in excess aren't good either, but nothing in excess is good.

And if you're eating a healthy, balanced diet you won't eat anything in excess anyway.

Meat, fish, eggs, vegetables and fruit.

It takes dedication and can be 'boring' but eating that way a few months will turn your body into that of a Greek God(dess)
How about porridge? It seems like a healthier alternative to bacon and egg for breakfast

Nope. Same problem. Porridge is just another form of bread.

I can go 6 hours after my meaty breakfast without feeling the need to eat. I can get up to going 18 hours without taking in any sugar or carbs. I lost over a stone doing this and I'm was not exactly overweight when I started so I suspect it was harder for me to loose alot anyway. We have diet all wrong... We are told to avoid the wrong stuff.

If my day will let me I prefer to skip breakfast, weight until I get suitibly hungry and eat a load of bacon and eggs. I can easily get to evening having only had one meal. Where as if I had had had my old breakfast staple of beans on toast I get 3 hours tops (if that) before I start getting mega gravings for more.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest