The Student Room Group

M's Year 11 GYG

Welcome to this year 11 GYG!:party:
This is my first gyg so I'll be trying my best. I was also thinking of creating one to keep on ''track'' :nah: with my revision since my very first exam is on May 13th (I think..) sike Olga it's actually April 30:ashamed2:

About me::rave:

GCSEs and predicitions:

Spoiler

I hope to beat all my predicitions since they're so-so. Grades in bold are what I am hoping to achieve as a minimum, but ideally I want to get all A*s

I did a few unit 1 exams in year 10 so here are the results:

Spoiler

The future:

Spoiler

About me:

Spoiler

p.s please try to be interested in my rambling
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

20/1/19
Stuff I wanted to do:
-Chemistry flashcards
-Copy up maths
-Learn german vocab
-Revise imperfect tense and modal verbs
-Revise for prac exam

I spent an hour doing german quizlets, then another hour revising grammar.
I still have to revise for the practical writeup
Best of luck! :rave:
Original post by emilynxlan
Best of luck! :rave:

thank you! :smile:
Original post by mpaprika
thank you! :smile:

Yw! I also have a gyg if you wanna get tagged?
21/1/19

Today we got our English Language mocks back
Unit 2: 58/80 A1
Unit 3: 64/80 A*3

Obviously there is room to improve in both and luckily all my mistakes were really obvious so I can get better marks next time.

Also got our mock timetable for February and I have at least 2 exams each day:afraid:

Today revision wise I'm not going to do a lot as I have pointe and a family member's birthday. I'll probably revise for my practical exam and probability in maths
Yw! I also have a gyg if you wanna get tagged?

ooh yes please tag me :smile:
22/1/19:

Got my RE mock back 43/60 (A1) 2 marks off an A*
I now know what I need to do to get the A* next time which is good.

Today:
Found out my chemistry practical is tomorrow?? um thank you for telling me in advance
Wrote out my debate for English
might revise some physics about forces and particles.

will update :banana:
Original post by mpaprika
Got my RE mock back 43/60 (A1) 2 marks off an A*

Congrats! :party:
Congrats! :party:

thank you :blush: x
24/1/19

Got my chemistry mock back: A*3 (72%)
Got a debate competition today - learnt my part
German department review in the morning, quite fun
Got my physics practical tomorrow, I need to revise pressure and temperature.

Question:
what does temperature of water have to do with how far a ball bounces??
25/1/19

-We won the debate!! :u: Second round actually happens to be on my sixth form open evening so uhh..:vroam:
-Physics practical went well, the biggest range of results was a 6 so it's very repeatable. However the water spilt on my paper so now it looks like a year 7 tea stained their history homework :grumble:
-German teacher said that before mock week we will have 4 extra german exams on foundation tier!! why??:confused: Surely doing higher will indicate whether we do higher or foundation. So yeah I will have 8 german exams in the space of 2 weeks :argh:
2/2/2019

Haven't updated for a while, I've been ''busy'' :ahee: Yesterday I had a snow day so I did my ''relaxing'' part of the weekend over and done with and had a cheeky nandos :cool:. I also did some maths revision for my mock.

TODAY
I have to be productive since I am starting gcse revision RIGHT NOW (or in like an hour). I have sO much to revise:
German grammar
German Media+Holidays
German Schools
German imperfect tense
Chemistry practical
Biology classification

Also I am rereading heros for the 3rd time since I can't find any sources on the internet so I'm flying solo

will update later!:banana:
hey guys im year 11 too just got my mock timetable and its pretty scary i got predicted 7&6s i want to beat them all and i will its just long revising sometimes
Original post by tami.ldn
hey guys im year 11 too just got my mock timetable and its pretty scary i got predicted 7&6s i want to beat them all and i will its just long revising sometimes

Good luck!
If it's any use to you maybe try 15min slots of revision with five-minute breaks - if you don't already do that, it works for me at least.
the subjects you have taken: Maths, English Lit/Lang, Trilogy Sciences, Computer Science, History, Geography, and French

your predicted grades: All 8-9s

the grades you want to achieve: I'd be happy with all 6s

your plans after year 11 (A-levels, college, apprenticeship): A-levels

what do you want to do in the future? (university, career plans etc.) : University

how you’re feeling about starting year 11: Excited

hobbies and interests: Caring for animals - my dog :smile:

favourite subject: Physics

favourite way to revise: Youtube & note making or past paper questions
Original post by lolaspencer
Good luck!
If it's any use to you maybe try 15min slots of revision with five-minute breaks - if you don't already do that, it works for me at least.

i have a revision time table in 1 hour blocks 3 subjects per day just eed to stay motivated
Original post by tami.ldn
i have a revision time table in 1 hour blocks 3 subjects per day just eed to stay motivated

Okay, wooooo *lots of motivational words*
Okay, wooooo *lots of motivational words*

looool
Good luck!

Thank you!
Yeah I used to do 20 minute slots in year 10 but stopped to do one task and then have a break, I think i'll do the 15 minute thing though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending