The Student Room Group

M's Year 11 GYG

Scroll to see replies

yay -exams are over
Original post by mpaprika
I'M DONE! :banana: Still doesn't feel like I'm done though - not a good feeling!

German Writing:
Being the FOOL I am I forgot what ''small'' was in German (klein! KLEINE!) So instead of translating it like a normal person I had to write ''nicht gross'' (not big) instead so idk, bit of a flop. The essays.. on the environment (alright) and free time (kind of waffled on about what I did last winter and what I'm doing tomorrow and what I did yesterday, said it's important because you can get a job) PRAYING it went well :colonhash:

Additional Maths:
I pulled an all nighter yesterday (or well today) doing maths past papers, and were they useful? Kinda? The QER really threw me off, worth 9 marks and even people who are amazing at maths struggled, but I did some workings and hopefully I'll at least get some marks. Stationary points took me longer than it usually does, but it worked out well in the end. Also polynomial division my baby came up so all is good. It was alright? I can 100% get a high Merit but I'm hoping for a distinction and I need 75% for that :redface:

To celebrate end of exams, I'm going for a cheeky Nando's, as for summer plans I'm going to Cambridge for a residential, Greece for a week, Portugal for a week and Spain for two weeks. Spending the rest of the time in Poland. Hopefully I can get some work experience through my grandparents.

I'll post my grade predications later :smile:

TAGGED!:cool:

Spoiler

Enjoy the summer!
thanks (: you too!! xx
Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy
Enjoy the summer!
thank you (: x
Original post by ThunderBeard
Well done! Nice destinations too
thanks!! (: xx My German teacher said that as long as I convey the meaning it should be fine, as the end of the day it's not like I wrote ''big'' or something
Original post by mez_merising
congrats on finishing! and i don't think you would get penalised for nicht gross, it does mean what you intended so i guess its fine
thanks (: you too!! xx

:h:
Predictions!

Biology:
I did unit 1 last year and got full marks, so hopefully I should be able to get an A*
Physics:
As above, I did unit 1 last year and got an A*, I think the UMS was 162? If I'm lucky I'll get an A* but I think I'll get an A
English Lit:
Paper one wasn't good, Coursework was alright (one mark off A*) Paper 2 was great. A
English Lang:
Had a seizure during the group talk:u: Not looking well for me - A
History:
Full marks in coursework, papers were fab - A*
German:
Speaking was great, listening was great, reading was terrible, writing was alright - A
Polish:
fab papers - A*
Maths:
calculator was better than non calculator, hoping for an A* but most likely A
Additional Maths:
Trick questions - we don't Stan Merit ):
Chemistry:
paper 1 was HORRIBLE, paper 2 was alright but I probably did cr*p - A
Welsh Bacc:
Got an A*. Full marks In individual project (like EPQ) about immigration, full marks in employability challenge and full marks in volunteering challenge

I want all A*, but I guess it'll be fine if I get one A and the rest are A*

TAGGED :cool:

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
hiya! This is just going to be a general ''summer plans'' post before I do my final post before my new year 12 gyg.

1. Got into a Cambridge summer school - done and dusted :frown:
2. prom - over and out :frown:
3. schools4climatestrike - done :frown:
4. holiday in Greece
5. holiday in Portugal & Spain (by the border)
6. some work experience in clinic
7. ask my aunt, a psychologist if I can help out at her office. Obviously just paperwork as this is very confidential
8. read some books 'bout the body
9. maybe do an essay competition? depends how bored I get
10. results day !!!! ew ew ew
11. start doing some a level maths because I'm sister bad at maths

@Ivanita-Ariana
@Obolinda
@Oxford Mum
(edited 4 years ago)
Thanks for tagging me in- did I tag you into my book?

You’ve got some great work experience in the clinic and helping your aunt out

That essay competition would be cool because you will have to research for it.

Have just been speaking to my son’s girlfriend, who is reading English, Greek and Latin. She was not allowed to do an epq because she was doing four a levels, so she entered the newnham college Virginia Woolf essay prize and won. She would definitely say go for it, but it’s worth it even if you don’t win, because you’re honing your research skills.

Going to Greece- Greece is gorgeous- whereabouts? ( sorry if the answer is up thread)
Original post by Oxford Mum
Thanks for tagging me in- did I tag you into my book?

You’ve got some great work experience in the clinic and helping your aunt out

That essay competition would be cool because you will have to research for it.

Have just been speaking to my son’s girlfriend, who is reading English, Greek and Latin. She was not allowed to do an epq because she was doing four a levels, so she entered the newnham college Virginia Woolf essay prize and won. She would definitely say go for it, but it’s worth it even if you don’t win, because you’re honing your research skills.

Going to Greece- Greece is gorgeous- whereabouts? ( sorry if the answer is up thread)

Thank you! You haven't tagged me in your book but I would love to be tagged! I'm going to Thasos, a tiny island near Bulgaria I believe. I'd also like to thank you for the suggestion of the essay competition - I will definitely give it a go during the holidays. Surprisingly my school is letting me do 4 a levels and an EPQ :laugh:
Woah, that's a lot of work right there. Just keep your head down and keep working. Might be better to do an EPQ instead of the essay? At least then you get to choose the subject of the essay.

Have a lovely holiday. Just looked at Thasos and it looks beautiful (and relaxing)

I have put you on my tag list. Here is the introduction

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=84261782&highlight=Oxford%20demystifiedhttps://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=84261782&highlight=Oxford%20demystified

Thank you! You haven't tagged me in your book but I would love to be tagged! I'm going to Thasos, a tiny island near Bulgaria I believe. I'd also like to thank you for the suggestion of the essay competition - I will definitely give it a go during the holidays. Surprisingly my school is letting me do 4 a levels and an EPQ :laugh:
happy birthday me
happy birthday me

Happy Birthday!!
Original post by ThunderBeard
Happy Birthday!!

thank you! x
GCSE GRADES!!! :dancing:LAdies and gentlemen we did it!!

MATHS - A*
GERMAN - A*
ENGLISH LANG - A*
WELSH BACC - A*
POLISH - A*
RE - A*
HISTORY - A*
CHEMISTRY - A*
BIOLOGY - A*
PHYSICS - A*
ADDITIONAL MATHS - A^D
NUMERACY - A
WELSH - A
ENGLISH LIT - A

@Oxford Mum
(edited 4 years ago)
GCSE GRADES!!! :dancing:LAdies and gentlemen we did it!!

MATHS - A*
GERMAN - A*
ENGLISH LANG - A*
WELSH BACC - A*
POLISH - A*
RE - A*
HISTORY - A*
CHEMISTRY - A*
BIOLOGY - A*
PHYSICS - A*
ADDITIONAL MATHS - A^D
NUMERACY - A
WELSH - A
ENGLISH LIT - A

@Oxford Mum

Oh, my blooming good night! What a beauty!!!

And despite your health setbacks! So it looks as if Oxford could still be a possibility, and you have extenuating circumstances.

@mpaprika you have single handedly made my day :party:
Original post by Oxford Mum
Oh, my blooming good night! What a beauty!!!

And despite your health setbacks! So it looks as if Oxford could still be a possibility, and you have extenuating circumstances.

@mpaprika you have single handedly made my day :party:

AHH thank you OM!! This means so so much to me, and actually, your comment has also made MY day :h:!! It's safe to say that Oxford is now a possibility (how exciting!!) thank you again :smile: !!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending