Newcastle Fine Art BA applicants 2019 Watch

ppphas
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Cuz i haven’t seen any thread about this... anyone???

If it already exists or this is posted in a wrong topic, sorry.
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
co0tlin
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I applied !! Still haven’t heard a response since I sent my portfolio off though ://
ppphas
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi! I listened to the UCAS deadline day Q&A sessions that they invited us, and they said it will take 3-4weeks to asses all portfolios from all applicants, so I think we don’t need to worry about that

(Original post by co0tlin)I applied !! Still haven’t heard a response since I sent my portfolio off though ://
co0tlin
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ppphas)
Hi! I listened to the UCAS deadline day Q&A sessions that they invited us, and they said it will take 3-4weeks to asses all portfolios from all applicants, so I think we don’t need to worry about that

(Original post by co0tlin)I applied !! Still haven’t heard a response since I sent my portfolio off though ://
oh cool thanks! i didn’t get chance to check that out, so that’s relieving to hear lol
ppphas
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Just got invitation to the interview! Honestly I was bit worried if they are extremely late according to past posts in TSR, but this year, it seems the admission processes has improved(i think)
Still I imagine number of applicants are increasing as they took over the Slade in some rankings several times, so they’ve been even more popular(I think); they’ll still need time to send invitations to the applicants, so I wait your updates,,,,, and more posts here!!
co0tlin
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Just got invitation to the interview! Honestly I was bit worried if they are extremely late according to past posts in TSR, but this year, it seems the admission processes has improved(i think)
Still I imagine number of applicants are increasing as they took over the Slade in some rankings several times, so they’ve been even more popular(I think); they’ll still need time to send invitations to the applicants, so I wait your updates,,,,, and more posts here!!
ahhh i still haven’t heard anything! when’s your interview??
ppphas
Rep:
?
(Original post by co0tlin)
ahhh i still haven’t heard anything! when’s your interview??
22th of Feb! But you can choose from several options for the dates and time slot. It is expected around 30mins for the interview! Very exciting!
You can also sign up for the student-run tour in Fine Art building, which is at 10:30 or 14:30(so think carefully for arrival time and interview time if you want to attend this)

I need to take a bus to the train station at 6:00am cuz I’m currently studying in London hahaha
co0tlin
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
22th of Feb! But you can choose from several options for the dates and time slot. It is expected around 30mins for the interview! Very exciting!
You can also sign up for the student-run tour in Fine Art building, which is at 10:30 or 14:30(so think carefully for arrival time and interview time if you want to attend this)

I need to take a bus to the train station at 6:00am cuz I’m currently studying in London hahaha
well congrats!!! wow that’s a long journey haha! i’m coming from near manchester if i get an interview! are you coming from a foundation course or straight from a level/btec??
ppphas
Rep:
?
well congrats!!! wow that’s a long journey haha! i’m coming from near manchester if i get an interview! are you coming from a foundation course or straight from a level/btec??
Thank you! I hope you’ll receive invitation soon!!! I am doing a foundation year as I did IB in my high school. Also I decided to do foundation as there will be more informations about unis in UK from tutors here (as I am an international student!) . But I heard half of people who got into the course haven’t done foundation year; they got into directly from A level.
tofu.tofu
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Congrats on getting an interview how did you find out? did they email you or was it through ucas?
ppphas
Rep:
?
(Original post by tofu.tofu)
Congrats on getting an interview how did you find out? did they email you or was it through ucas?
E-mail!
IzziMEC
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I've applied too and haven't heard anything, trying to not worry! How close to the deadline did you guys get your porfolio in? ( mine literally arrived there on the 18th)
IzziMEC
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I applied !! Still haven’t heard a response since I sent my portfolio off though ://
Me neither! Have you done a foundation?
tofu.tofu
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by IzziMEC)
I've applied too and haven't heard anything, trying to not worry! How close to the deadline did you guys get your porfolio in? ( mine literally arrived there on the 18th)
I've not heard and my portfolio arrived on the 18th as well
co0tlin
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Mine arrived the 17th and I haven’t heard anything either, so I’m trying not to worry too lol. Yeah, I’m currently doing a foundation course at my college.
DrBlackCoffee
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Is Newcastle your first choice? Because mine is and I'm stressing out because I only got one offer and I withdrew my other three on Ucas.
IzziMEC
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I only applied to one place so yes! I know how you feel

(Original post by DrBlackCoffee)Is Newcastle your first choice? Because mine is and I'm stressing out because I only got one offer and I withdrew my other three on Ucas.
DrBlackCoffee
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by IzziMEC)
I only applied to one place so yes! I know how you feel

(Original post by DrBlackCoffee)Is Newcastle your first choice? Because mine is and I'm stressing out because I only got one offer and I withdrew my other three on Ucas.
Where did you apply? I applied to Loughborough for foundation course
ppphas
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi. I saw there about 160-170time slots for interview, running from 18th Feb to 18th Mar, also it seems they have added the slots since they first sent invitations to some people. There are still so many slots which no one has booked. They may add more (like till April??), so I guess they are inviting people at the same time as they check the portfolios over and over, very carefully!If you see past threads for this course in past years, you would see this time-taking might be normal, but I know it’s worrying when it is so slow....It’s my first choice since I got rejected from Slade, so I wish they won’t take too long for the final decisions............
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Newcastle University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • Newcastle University
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
  • Newcastle University
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (24)
12.9%
Yes - a food allergy (19)
10.22%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (5)
2.69%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (6)
3.23%
No (132)
70.97%

Watched Threads