LGBT community supporting Islam:) Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey,

I'm questioning my sexuality at this time lol.

I want to know why is it that lgbt people are so understanding of things like islamophohia and they support us muslims?

Also same for how muslims and catholics seem to get on kinda well?
Like wen I told a catholic person something she understood the problems I may face in relation to my religion... is it because they're both simialr muslims and catholics and have simailr beliefs

Is it because of the simialrites and the experiences they both face?

I think it's so great how.people can be so supporting to others I love it!!

Thank you
casual_ravenclaw
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
lgbt people are aware of how scary it is to be discriminated against - becasue of that they are sympathetic to all who feel disadvantaged especially in the current climate of islamophobia .

catholics are sympathetic because it is the strand of christianity that is notorious for being the most strict. they understand what it is like to be compelled to do something becuase of the religion, or criticised for doing something not in keeping with their religion. catholic children i have met often come from very devoutly catholic families who do not agree with them doing what every normal teenager does.

speaking as a bisexual from a catholic family
TommyDH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Isn't that kinda like a chicken supporting KFC?
Name:  feminists.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  68.1 KB
Claire461
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Catholics and Muslims. There’s not a lot to choose between them in many ways.
usernameabcdef
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
People should do their owns things
Anonymous #1
Could you please elaborate on that?

What do you mean they both are similar?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by casual_ravenclaw)
lgbt people are aware of how scary it is to be discriminated against - becasue of that they are sympathetic to all who feel disadvantaged especially in the current climate of islamophobia .

catholics are sympathetic because it is the strand of christianity that is notorious for being the most strict. they understand what it is like to be compelled to do something becuase of the religion, or criticised for doing something not in keeping with their religion. catholic children i have met often come from very devoutly catholic families who do not agree with them doing what every normal teenager does.

speaking as a bisexual from a catholic family
Thank you!!
Im a Muslim and it is so hard for me to go against my religion, i guess that's why my catholic friend understood me!

Thank you

I just wish religions were not very strict
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
it's known by right wingers as the 'unholy alliance' as they believe that muslims want to criminalise homosexuality (when in reality, it's only 52% of British Muslims) or even worse, kill them.

i think that the lgbt community supports them, in spite of knowing this, because they ultimately empathise with muslims as another persecuted minority in society. the lgbt community in general hold liberal values and want to protect others.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (94)
14.85%
Yes - a food allergy (67)
10.58%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (16)
2.53%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (16)
2.53%
No (440)
69.51%

Watched Threads