Why does he text me but not ask me out? Watch

SerenaBass1996
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I met this guy like 4 months ago and we literally text every day he’s literally 10/10 in every way and I really like him. The issue is he never asks to meet up when we first started talking we met up loads but then he stopped asking me as much and we started to not meet up as often. I can kinda understand why cos we’re both at uni so the work load builds up but at this point in time I haven’t seen him in person for about 1 month and it’s annoying cos we live really close to each other. I’ve asked him a few times when he’s free and he always says he’ll let me know and that he’s busy at the moment. I really like him and he knows how I feel but I don’t wanna come across as pushy and ask him all the time as it could scare him off.
If he’s not interested then that’s fine but why does he text me everyday and make convo with me and send flirty messages if he has no intention of actually seeing me in person? Anyone know what I should do?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ultimateradman
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
you should ask him.
TommyDH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Low testosterone. Common for young males these days. Lacks confidence.

Maybe you need to give him a nudge.
TheRadishPrince
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SerenaBass1996)
I met this guy like 4 months ago and we literally text every day he’s literally 10/10 in every way and I really like him. The issue is he never asks to meet up when we first started talking we met up loads but then he stopped asking me as much and we started to not meet up as often. I can kinda understand why cos we’re both at uni so the work load builds up but at this point in time I haven’t seen him in person for about 1 month and it’s annoying cos we live really close to each other. I’ve asked him a few times when he’s free and he always says he’ll let me know and that he’s busy at the moment. I really like him and he knows how I feel but I don’t wanna come across as pushy and ask him all the time as it could scare him off.
If he’s not interested then that’s fine but why does he text me everyday and make convo with me and send flirty messages if he has no intention of actually seeing me in person? Anyone know what I should do?
It's only been a month and I suspect university is proving quite a time eater, recommend you ask him and say that you understand university stuff might be taking his time alot. Invite him to study or something if that is the case perhaps? Him still talking every day to you clearly shows interest still to some degree try find what's up but approach it carefully
Zarek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sounds a bit friendzone like really
UWS
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Girls need to understand that it's not just the guy that does the asking out. If you like him, you make the first move.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Maybe he isn’t interested and doesn’t want to tell you that in case he hurts you but wants to keep the friendship.
randomstudent55
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why dont you ask him out?
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
He might not be interested. if you live really close to each other, even if he's busy if he really wanted to see you I'm sure he'd set at least 10 minutes in the evening aside to meet
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.5%
I used to but I don't now (17)
2.37%
No, but I want to start (269)
37.47%
No, I am unable to (172)
23.96%
No, I chose not to (199)
27.72%