Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Last edited by RowanH2001; 4 weeks ago
blackvoid17
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by RowanH2001)
I am currently studying my A Levels. I know that I want to study Law or any related subject at a top top uni (top 5 let's say). I'm not top of my class for any of my chosen subjects but I'm above average and I feel like I'd crack under the pressure of being surrounded by people far superior to me at a top uni. I don't whether I should make my Uni choices more realistic (top 20 let's say) or continue to push for the Oxbridges, Durhams and UCLs....thoughts?
You can apply to some of those top unis but not ONLY them. Its good to have a reasonable backup even if you're a high achiever, especially for law since its fairly competitive
SarcAndSpark
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by RowanH2001)
I am currently studying my A Levels. I know that I want to study Law or any related subject at a top top uni (top 5 let's say). I'm not top of my class for any of my chosen subjects but I'm above average and I feel like I'd crack under the pressure of being surrounded by people far superior to me at a top uni. I don't whether I should make my Uni choices more realistic (top 20 let's say) or continue to push for the Oxbridges, Durhams and UCLs....thoughts?
If you got into a top uni, then you'd be equal to everyone else there. Equally, often the skills that make you really good at A levels aren't the same skills that help you do well in a degree (especially now most A levels don't have coursework).

However, law is a very competitive subject, so it's a good idea to spread your applications- maybe 2 top unis, 2 more realistic choices and a back up.

Have you been to visit any of the unis you are interested in yet? This will give you more of a sense of the "vibe" and could help you make up your mind.
TommyDH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Reach high my friend. Better to reach high and fail than to reach low knowing you gave it your best than to live the rest of your life always wondering.

You can never be overly ambitious. reach for the stars and if you only get halfway up? So what? You made it higher than those who only reached for the hilltops.
ltsmith
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
people at a top uni are not far superior to you lol.

in fact, some of them are only there because of rich mummies and daddies.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.6%
No (219)
94.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed