How many hours of revision should I be doing? Watch

PlasticDuck
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm in year 10, my mocks begin in June. How many hours a day should I be putting in to get 6's and above in all of my subjects.
Please do not give me ******** answers saying that I'm only in year 10 and should be enjoying my time before year 11 begins.
lisahenry
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Since you're in year 10 you don't have to do loads, but what you do now, making revision resources and making sure you know the content, means less work in year 11. I'd spend about half your free time on revision and the rest you can do what you want to relax. Anyway, good on you to revise this early
internet monster
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Im in year 11 and did what you did. I forgot everything that i learnt over the summer so if you do plan on revising in the summer, make sure u consistently check over what you learnt previously or all that time you spent revising would go to waste
HD-
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The time you spend revising dosent matter as much as how effectively your revising. You could revise for 10 hours a day and learn nothing or just revise an hour a day but do it smart and you can learn much more.

That being said your only in year 10 so i would say an hour a day if fine but just focus on subjects your weak at right now and closer to your real exams you should start revising more and for more subjects.
Scoro
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
as much as possible is the answer but the problem is i can never bring myself to do it
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
hallamstudents
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PlasticDuck)
I'm in year 10, my mocks begin in June. How many hours a day should I be putting in to get 6's and above in all of my subjects.
Please do not give me ******** answers saying that I'm only in year 10 and should be enjoying my time before year 11 begins.
Hey! I think its great your looking ahead! I think as much time as possible to be honest, maybe 2 hours after school i appropriate and managable?
Sophia
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Material Futures Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Feb '19
  • University of Brighton
    Health and clinical practice + health professions + hospitality, tourism and events + journalism + sport and exercise Postgraduate
    Tue, 26 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (94)
14.85%
Yes - a food allergy (67)
10.58%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (16)
2.53%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (16)
2.53%
No (440)
69.51%

Watched Threads