The Student Room Group

Falling in love with a dear friend - Help!

Ok - long story short I have a friend who I'm starting to fall for. We have a laugh and a joke and get on like a house on fire.

I realised I liked him on New Years he walked me home from the pub. We got back and said our goodbyes we had a moment he tucked my hair behind my ear and looked into each others eyes and I brushed off the moment he kissed me on the forehead and went home.

We go out and have a good time with eachother. The other day we bought a bottle of gin cycled around Bristol and listened to Led Zeppling really loud and it was perfect. I went back to his house and passed out in his bed and this has happened a few times. We hold hands and kiss each other on the forehead when in bed. We have never gone past those boundaries.

I think he went in for a modest kiss in the morning but I put my finger on his lip and said goodbye, walked out of the room and kicked my self for stopping it.

Im rubbish at spotting the signals as have been very hurt in the past so I'm very guarded and my self built walls are so high I feel I can't get over them.

He calls me his inspiration. We have an understanding for each other and upmost respect for each other.

What can I do I don't want to ruin the friendship or jeopardise a mutual respect we have for each other.

But I just can't shake this feeling off and its kind of making me emotionally vulnerable but I really like him.

Internet please help me any advice is very much appreciated.
Tell him, he probably feels the same .
Damn not gonna lie that’s hella cute lol. I guess just confess, it will get rid of the weight off of your shoulders. Judging from what you’ve said it seems they are into you, so go for it if you know you can trust him.
Original post by Ladyoftheflower
The other day we bought a bottle of gin cycled around Bristol and listened to Led Zeppling really loud and it was perfect.

You what?
It sounds like he likes you, and you say you like him. I'm not seeing a problem here. If your friendship means as much to both of you as it seems to, I don't think either of you will just discard it if the romance doesn't work out.
And yeah I agree with the other guy - you guys are cute as hell.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
And yeah I agree with the other guy - you guys are cute as hell.

Sure... But lets get back to the main point.

They cycle round Bristol with a bottle of gin & listening to Led Zeppelin for the world to hear.

What a sight that must be lol.
We were drunk and felt like it was a good idea at the time.
We were drunk and felt like it was a good idea at the time.

Well I should hope you weren't sober after a bottle of gin :biggrin:
Ok - long story short I have a friend who I'm starting to fall for. We have a laugh and a joke and get on like a house on fire.

I realised I liked him on New Years he walked me home from the pub. We got back and said our goodbyes we had a moment he tucked my hair behind my ear and looked into each others eyes and I brushed off the moment he kissed me on the forehead and went home.

We go out and have a good time with eachother. The other day we bought a bottle of gin cycled around Bristol and listened to Led Zeppling really loud and it was perfect. I went back to his house and passed out in his bed and this has happened a few times. We hold hands and kiss each other on the forehead when in bed. We have never gone past those boundaries.

I think he went in for a modest kiss in the morning but I put my finger on his lip and said goodbye, walked out of the room and kicked my self for stopping it.

Im rubbish at spotting the signals as have been very hurt in the past so I'm very guarded and my self built walls are so high I feel I can't get over them.

He calls me his inspiration. We have an understanding for each other and upmost respect for each other.

What can I do I don't want to ruin the friendship or jeopardise a mutual respect we have for each other.

But I just can't shake this feeling off and its kind of making me emotionally vulnerable but I really like him.

Internet please help me any advice is very much appreciated.

He sounds like he likes you and you like him, its perfect. You've been friends so you can trust him and holding hands and him kissing you on the forehead is not what normal friends do so there is definitely something there.

As others have said, this sounds so cute and i think you two would work really well.
Original post by tuftyispie
He sounds like he likes you and you like him, its perfect. You've been friends so you can trust him and holding hands and him kissing you on the forehead is not what normal friends do so there is definitely something there.

As others have said, this sounds so cute and i think you two would work really well.

Thank you. Some good advice! Its the confession I am worried about.
Original post by Dannyboy2015
Well I should hope you weren't sober after a bottle of gin :biggrin:

It was 3am and we were very drunk! And it was on a Monday night. Whoops
Thank you. Some good advice! Its the confession I am worried about.

It can't go that bad because it's clear he has feelings for you.
It was 3am and we were very drunk! And it was on a Monday night. Whoops

I had imagined you doing during the early evening as the city gets a nice golden glow come over it, meanwhile tourists & locals were sunbathing on grassy banks. Little coffee shops & pubs were bubbling with life, everyone sitting outside and just enjoying the day.

But no, it was 3 am and those that weren't crying for you to shut up were having a cheeky piss in the middle of the road. loooool. Slightly less romantic.

Quick Reply

Latest