lisahenry
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've been looking at the exam board timetables, edexcel and aqa, as it looks like both are the final timetables, however I've noticed two of my exams clash. I have computing paper 1 on 3rd June am for aqa, and further maths core paper 1 3rd June am. Has anyone been through something similar? And if so, what happens?
Josh Lyman
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You will still sit both papers, your school will put you in an isolated room in between exams so you don't speak to other people who have already sat the paper. You will then sit the second paper afterwards.
username4446254
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You would be isolated for the duration of both exams and your school should give you a choice as to which one you want to do which one first.
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Have the same clash myself. There's loads of us with the same clash (and with physics that afternoon too for a lot of people), so we'll be kept in the exam hall without our bags etc. Between the two exams. My school hasn't worked out if they have space to move one of them to the afternoon slot for those who don't have an exam in the afternoon, but that's an option too (although you'll still be isolated between them)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Clashes happen all the time, although this is a particularly crass piece of timetabling that is affecting a lot of people.

The Computer Science will almost certainly happen at the planned time as that's on computers and more awkward to re-run. You will then be put in isolation when you will be able to revise, eat etc but not be able to use the internet or any internet-enabled device nor talk to anyone other than Exam Office staff or other people with the same clash. You will then sit Further Maths in the afternoon session. You will get your phone baclk after completing Further Maths. (THis assumes that you don'talso have Physics that afternoon which a lot of people do).
Last edited by Compost; 2 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed