JazzRabb
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm currently studying the UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma of Graphic Design and I have been offered to instead take the Level 4/ Unit 14 option instead of Unit 13/ Level 3 option (So I would end up with a level 4 qualification instead of a level 3).

It's quite a niche question but has anyone had this option before and taken it? If so, did it benefit/ hinder you in anyway (especially regarding uni applications and university).

Thanks!
barror1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://www.gov.uk/what-different-qu...ication-levels
From this, it sounds like it is part of or affiliated with a degree! Give it a look through but that looks good
JazzRabb
Rep:
?
(Original post by barror1)
https://www.gov.uk/what-different-qu...ication-levels
From this, it sounds like it is part of or affiliated with a degree! Give it a look through but that looks good
I've done a bit of research and understand it's degree, which is amazing! I also found that I can take either the level 3 or 4 route, so if I took the level 4 I would essentially have no A-level qualificaitons, but a first year degree qualification instead. I'm concerned that this might raise questions or leave me with a gap in my CV?
barror1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JazzRabb)
I've done a bit of research and understand it's degree, which is amazing! I also found that I can take either the level 3 or 4 route, so if I took the level 4 I would essentially have no A-level qualificaitons, but a first year degree qualification instead. I'm concerned that this might raise questions or leave me with a gap in my CV?
To be honest, since you are doing a vocational course it is extremely same to assume that having a higher qualification will be better. Plus, why look for a level 3 when you already have marks on the qualification above it?
If you are really concerned you can always check with unis (or whatever you are going on to) as to how much this will affect you. Plus you can mention on your CV that they chose to move you up to do level 4, which will NEVER look bad to employers!
Best of luck
JazzRabb
Rep:
?
(Original post by barror1)
To be honest, since you are doing a vocational course it is extremely same to assume that having a higher qualification will be better. Plus, why look for a level 3 when you already have marks on the qualification above it?
If you are really concerned you can always check with unis (or whatever you are going on to) as to how much this will affect you. Plus you can mention on your CV that they chose to move you up to do level 4, which will NEVER look bad to employers!
Best of luck
Yeah! That makes sense, I'll email my choices to enquire further. Thank you!
barror1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JazzRabb)
Yeah! That makes sense, I'll email my choices to enquire further. Thank you!
No prob! Best of luck <3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (12)
12.9%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (21)
22.58%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (41)
44.09%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (16)
17.2%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (3)
3.23%

Watched Threads